WTB - Federal Exhaust System Crossover Pipe for 1979 2L Bay

Sell all your Type IV Engine parts here.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

flyawaydesigns
Getting Hooked!

WTB - Federal Exhaust System Crossover Pipe for 1979 2L Bay

Post by flyawaydesigns » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:37 pm

We need a "Federal" Exhaust System Crossover Pipe for our 79 Baywindow. If you have one, or know someone who does, please contact us ASAP.

We wanna get Bob back on the road again!!

Thanx

Rick
Fly Away Designs
C and R
Handmade VW Bus Rear Tents
www.flyawaydesignsonline.com or flyawaydesigns@yahoo.com

supplyrat
I'm New!

Re: WTB - Federal Exhaust System Crossover Pipe for 1979 2L

Post by supplyrat » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm

I looked for over a year for a FED crossover for my 82,a/c adventurewagen and no luck. had a 83 FED parts van w/ an almost new EARNST style muffler that hooks straight to the heater boxes, made up two 1 inch thick steel spacers and also welded in a bung for the 02 sensor. used it for awhile and then I put on an extractor type exhaust so have the EARNST set up sitting in my shed.

supplyrat
I'm New!

Post by supplyrat » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm

I looked for over a year for a FED crossover for my 82,a/c adventurewagen and no luck. had a 83 FED parts van w/ an almost new EARNST style muffler that hooks straight to the heater boxes, made up two 1 inch thick steel spacers and also welded in a bung for the 02 sensor. used it for awhile and then I put on an extractor type exhaust so have the EARNST set up sitting in my shed.

flyawaydesigns
Getting Hooked!

Post by flyawaydesigns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 am

Supplyrat, It tooks us a while to find one too, but we did find one through BustedBus.com in Colorado.....cost a fortune, but we got one....once we removed the damaged one from the engine, we found the damage could be repaired. Got it welded up and reinstalled it. Works great and only cost $20 for repair. Now we have the one from Busted Bus saved as a replacement....or could be for sale to someone who needs it. As these are no longer made, they are considered "unobtainum". We would ask $300 (what we paid) for it plus shipping to anyone who is interested.

R and C
Fly Away Designs
C and R

supplyrat
I'm New!

Post by supplyrat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 pm

flyawaydesigns, can't believe you actually found one. all of a sudden I am up to my ears in exhaust systems. Took my complete CAL system off my 82 Adventurewagen a/c and put it away but last week started to wire brush it and paint it to sell to pay to get my AMC heads rebuilt. the p/o must have just bought it before he put it in storage because the crossover pipe is so solid, plus I also have the ERNST setup. It looks like the parts place knows how rare those crossover pipes are. A while back someone was looking for a FED pipe on the samba. I will keep an eye out for someone looking for the one you have.

flyawaydesigns
Getting Hooked!

Post by flyawaydesigns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 pm

supplyrat wrote:flyawaydesigns, can't believe you actually found one. all of a sudden I am up to my ears in exhaust systems. Took my complete CAL system off my 82 Adventurewagen a/c and put it away but last week started to wire brush it and paint it to sell to pay to get my AMC heads rebuilt. the p/o must have just bought it before he put it in storage because the crossover pipe is so solid, plus I also have the ERNST setup. It looks like the parts place knows how rare those crossover pipes are. A while back someone was looking for a FED pipe on the samba. I will keep an eye out for someone looking for the one you have.
Yes I searched everywhere....Busted Bus was the only place that had a line on one. And I believe that "someone" on The Samba was me.

Rick
C and R

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Tue May 07, 2013 5:19 am

Does anyone have a line on a cross over pipe that would fit a 1976 T4?
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

chachi
Old School!

Post by chachi » Wed May 08, 2013 8:57 pm

1974 transporter panel, 2.0 dual solex
1991 vanagon NAHT, RJE 2.3

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu May 09, 2013 5:55 am

chachi wrote:021-251-503a?
Yes, either the "a" or the regular 021-251-501 with preheat because I've got the air cleaner box and tin to work with the preheat. Got a lead?

chachi
Old School!

Post by chachi » Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 pm

1974 transporter panel, 2.0 dual solex
1991 vanagon NAHT, RJE 2.3

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 am

TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:24 am

That one has the the pre-heat tube, for which, I have the tin to use. Fortunately, chachi hooked me up with one of his cross-over pipes from above. Thanks again everyone!