HMCIMB Interval 2

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, Jivermo

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

HMCIMB Interval 2

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Vdubzen does not post here much, but we see each other on Facebook occasionally. I visited him as a cold call in Alburquerque, meaning we had never met face-to-face, and I am planning to cry in my beer? Yep.

First, I had to hit the 22,000 mile reading on the odometer, which means that I had gone 1,570 miles since leaving Pensacola ten days prior.

Parked next to these windturbine blades. They are huge, just in case you were not aware of the scale:

It is imperative that you tighten every bolt:

What a pleasure to be on the road where the humidity did not blot out all definition and make you and everything else soggy. NaranjaWesty was running fine, and camping in the poptop was restful albiet a little lonely ...

Made it to Albuquerque to see Vdubzen's beautiful 1968 Bus.

It is always good to put faces to online members even if it took us thirteen years ...:

That is my Cry In My Beer face, and we had a good, long-ranging, broad conversation about most things everything. When his spouse came home, well, she joined in! It was good. Thank you, Vdubzen, for a good visit and beer!:

Drove on out Albuquerque at night, up that long hill on I-40 westbound, just like I did with Amy after we danced in front of the stage at a Loretta Lynn concert in 1980. That night, I prayed to God to let me celebrate her for the rest of my days. This night, I prayed that Universe unfolds as it should, yes, but also WOULD YOU GIVE ME A DAMN CLUE EVERY NOW AND THEN YOU COSMIC TRICKSTER?? As usual, no response, but at least I woke up here ...
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles