The Fall 2020 Help Me Cry In My Beer Tour ...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, Jivermo

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: The Fall 2020 Help Me Cry In My Beer Tour ...

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:53 am

BusBassist wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:06 pm
So very glad to see the return of activity here. Have missed the write ups and dialog. Colin - what’s the state of the Lexus? Hope all is well.

Some how .... somehow, at a map-promised elevation of about 12 feet, the garage emerged unscathed from the flooding and storm surge. Jack The Lawyer was as cool as could be through the whole thing, I don't know what he knows, but he wasn't worried about it even as I saw footage mere blocks away from the Law Firm that showed water coursing over the tops of tires of parked SUVs ...
ColinInNM
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: The Fall 2020 Help Me Cry In My Beer Tour ...

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 pm

I'd like to say ...."it's just stuff dude...." but know how you get attached to your mechanical conveyances of freedom. And I can relate. Although the bus ranks up there, If I had to choose between a bus and a motorcycle, I'd choose the motorcycle. And that would be a petrol powered motorcycle. I rue the day that I can't ride my motorcycle cross country because of a lack of gas stations. Fortunately I'm over 50, and the reality is it will be at least 10 years before the ability to buy gasoline in every city will be a challenge...if not 20...hopefully more. The visceral experience of riding a belching, fire breathing, loud, obnoxious petrol eating machine is really hard to repalce with whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::