Results Just Not In!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Results Just Not In!

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:32 am

Each fall, the numbers are crunched and the Gross/Expense/Net report is posted here on the forum so everybody can see where their hard-earned money goes. I am excited not to have any idea of how we did this past year. This past Itinerary had such startling highs and lows that I am far more interested in processing the experience.

However, we are a business. We have business plans. We have "analytics". We have "projections". We are devoted to a stable foundation and flexible adaptability to the changing circumstances of all of our lives. The current business plan includes branching out into the Visual Art World and deriving enough income from it to pare down the Great Marathon Out On The Road Each Summer (I will never let it go entirely. No. Way).

I have some loyal friends who remind me of Buffalo Bills fans. I am touched by their support and loyalty over the years even if they have not yet been rewarded with a pennant or a ring. We're going to win this thing, it's coming.
Do thank my fiercely focused Mentor Publisher Editor Friend Task Master for her bravery ....

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Re: Results Just Not In!

Post by MonoCone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:48 pm

So not being one of your inner circle nor a member of the in crowd, does she have a name other than "Mentor......"?
To Really Live You Must Go Back to the Mountains.
The Mountains are Where I Am and What I Am.
69 Westfalia 1600 DP; 2002 Eurovan Camper
When you elect a clown, expect a circus.

Formerly posted as OB Bus on this forum - many years ago....

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Results Just Not In! (ed- more pics)

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Let's fill in a little. I was minding my own business, when a little burst of sunshine burst upon the scene:

I was visited by a fiercesome Business Coach:

I introduced her to my neighbors, a very nice bunch of active ghouls and ex- Calvin Klein models:

Fortunately, we discovered the Worst Halloween Decoration Ever. This has inspired us to greater heights:

Then we had to get to work with campaigns and email lists and templates:

I learned how to make my somewhat smart phone take simple orders from its verywhat dumb owner:

Then we went for a walk along the Gulf Coast ... oh, and splashed in it a little.

Thus it came to pass that my mentor taskmaster had to take up the tools of my trade in exchange:

My mentor taskmaster rendered a pelican pondering ... out of blank white paper:

I, as you might have expected, did a Boeing 737 MAX8 fatal plane crash in progress. My mentor taskmaster mule whisperer was taken by this painting, and I donated it on the spot. There is no greater exhilaration than having a boss who Gets It:

Then we did a side-by-side step-by-step painting of a VW Westy:

Kodak EZ Share 612 was a little shaky, but tried, like all the rest of us:

Thank-you, Kit Whistler, I hope to get my homework done.
Colin

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:10 am

Great pics, even if somewhat shaky. Kit sure moves around the countryside, in trusty Sunshine! I like the watercolors, of course. Plane crash? Wha? Well, you got yourself a taskmaster, for certain, and I hope this stimulates the progress of the long awaited Book. She carries such a wealth of information, and has the fortitude and knowledge to edit just about anything. I look forward to this collaboration; good things can come of this.

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:55 am

Ah this is cool. Send her out this way when she’s done with you. We could all use a good task master in our lives. Oh but of course I have a good task master here and she is busy bailing out this boat I keep punching holes in...lol!
I have never met those two but been following along since the beginning and really enjoy their positive approach, can do attitude, silliness and business savvy. All good stuff. For some reason they seem to avoid the PNW though. They really need to come up this way for the summer months. I lived out of my Bus/Van for 10 summers and I can say it’s good living up here with more scenic beauty and free camping than anywhere else I’ve been. :sunny: :sunny: :geek:

ScottLasVegas
I'm New!

Post by ScottLasVegas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:54 pm

I have some loyal friends who remind me of Buffalo Bills fans. I am touched by their support and loyalty over the years even if they have not yet been rewarded with a pennant or a ring. We're going to win this thing, it's coming.
Man, wouldn't that be something. I am starting to think that it's a conspiracy that we never win because there is a 98.7% certainty that the fans would end up burning Western NY to the ground during the celebration. On a brighter note, we did finally find Sahlen's Hot Dogs out here in the desert, now if we could just figure out a way to convince Wegman's to set up shop in Vegas.
Then we had to get to work with campaigns and email lists and templates
If you guys need/want another cook in the kitchen, would love to hear what y'all have cooking, and lend hand or an ear. Whichever is needed.
79 Riviera CA FI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:53 pm

ScottLasVegas wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:54 pm
If you guys need/want another cook in the kitchen, would love to hear what y'all have cooking, and lend hand or an ear. Whichever is needed.
PM me, Scott.
All applicants will be respectfully considered:

BusBassist
Getting Hooked!

Post by BusBassist » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Colin, Is that some kind of subservient greeting? Genuflect? Proposal?

And yes, we Western New Yorker’s are loyal to a fault to the Bills AND our beloved Wegman’s. In Rochester, locals direct visitors to the George Eastman House, the Finger Lakes Region, Nick Tahou’s (for garbage plates), and of course, Wegman’s (our local grocery store chain extraordinarie).
Late 73 Bay w/a transplanted 914 Engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:52 pm

BusBassist wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Colin, Is this some kind of subservient greeting? Genuflect? Proposal?

"While I bow in deference to your exquisite design, please don't take me in eternal bliss ..."
... or something like that.

Some day, we are going to have a "submit" button across the header's footer and you all will genuflect to my email list.
Colin :cyclopsani:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Some day, we are going to have a "submit" button across the header's footer and you all will genuflect to my email list.
Colin :cyclopsani:

I am out of town for a few days. Business meeting. Swank paved boat launch, you know, the frills, all deductable.
Please pray for my intelligence and capacity to learn ...
Colin

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:58 pm

yea, looks like you need a vacation from - your vacation, for crying out loud. enjoy!

hold the phone tho - upon your return, I must know why the lamp is covered in foil.

it's aliens isn't it?
1979 California Transporter

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:23 am

airkooledchris wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:58 pm
yea, looks like you need a vacation from - your vacation, for crying out loud. enjoy!

hold the phone tho - upon your return, I must know why the lamp is covered in foil.

it's aliens isn't it?
Light dispersal, Chris, light dispersal. Same as foil in my parking lamps. All of the facets of crinkled foil give me more lumens in a softer more splayed beam.
Colin