The Picture Dump WA

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

The Picture Dump WA

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:57 am

Once again, the posting chronology is all out of whack and we have posts all percolating from visits already visitated.

Before the Ronin10 and mechanicjay visits, I had to drive to Seattle. Well, it was beautiful:

Approach To Columbia River crossing I-90:

On the downhill to the river at 95* ambient, I watched the engine temperatures plummet:

Crossing the river, God I love the Timelessness of Earth:

And here is the top engine temp at the top of the considerable climb on the other side of the bridge:

With the scenery all opened up out west, the distances are bigger than they look. This hill went on and on:

I had to lunge for the towel over the toolbox in the passenger foot well, peel it back, open the lid to the Kodak EZ Share box, open the lid to the box inside the box, fumble for the camera, remove the lens cap, turn the thing on, press the no-flash button, scroll to the "mountain" icon for general focus, zero in on the object of my picture taking, and all this to tell you that I missed this shot where I wanted to shoot it from the side, it's a cute little Mustang trailer on the back of a bike. Punished was I, an unavoidable Trump sign muscled its way into the shot:

Halfway across the "pan" between Spokane and Seattle, a summer's day:

After that hot drive across the flatland, here we are, conifers rush up outside of Ellensburg WA:

I still do not understand this. What good is it? What service does it perform? Another one just like it, appears to be going up for the other lanes:

The endless construction project continues endlessly, I-90 being widened along Keechelus Lake:

Even with construction, it is indescribeably beautiful, and this trip through had some great lighting:

Getting close to Seattle:

Big ol' axle failure that allowed the dually to almost escape (nice traffic jam, too):

Cascades in the outside rearview mirror:

Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Re: The Picture Dump WA

Post by airkooledchris » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 am

An eventual nature/natural bride for animal crossings?

Something like this when done?
1979 California Transporter

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 am

airkooledchris wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 am
An eventual nature/natural bride for animal crossings?

You are so correct! I just googled it. 6.2 million bucks for bucks to cross over I-90.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

tewa3240
I'm New!

Post by tewa3240 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 pm

for bucks & elk & civets & slugs, banana & otherwise.
it's a regular Noah's Ark up here in Washington state.
We had a billy goat gore a hiker on a trail in the Olympics a few years ago. He bled out.
The hiker- not the goat.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Love those Olympics...did a bunch of hiking there, but never bled out. Sweated some. The Lady of the Lake, in Crescent Lake, has always intrigued me. She came back to get her killer.