Re: I Drove NaranjaWesty!!

Post by vwlover77 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:18 am

Jivermo wrote:What the hey...one more.
That is awesome!!! Thanks!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:I have never worked up the courage to ask Colin to drive any of his buses .... it's kinda of like asking someone if you can ride their motorcycle or sleep with their wife/girl friend.
speaking of wife/girlfriends, on one of the visits to the farm here Colin took my wife for a driving LESSON in Naranja and then let me drive it with my 7year old son riding shotgun.
My wife and I both said at the same time when we saw each other after we never knew a VW bus could shift and drive like that!
It really felt new (or at least totally different than all of ours!)
Colin is really generous to share that experience with others since that have never driven on so smooth. :flower:
Jeff
IMG_9703.jpg
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:27 pm

weisswurst wrote:
TrollFromDownBelow wrote:I have never worked up the courage to ask Colin to drive any of his buses .... it's kinda of like asking someone if you can ride their motorcycle or sleep with their wife/girl friend.
speaking of wife/girlfriends, on one of the visits to the farm here Colin took my wife for a driving LESSON in Naranja and then let me drive it with my 7year old son riding shotgun.
My wife and I both said at the same time when we saw each other after we never knew a VW bus could shift and drive like that!
Colin is really generous to share that experience with others since that have never driven on so smooth. :flower:
Jeff
Hello weisswurst,

Gotta keep everyone inspired to keep aspiring to that new Volkswagen experience!
ColinYesitIsWarm
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:08 am

Amskeptic wrote:
weisswurst wrote:
Jeff
Gotta keep everyone inspired to keep aspiring to that new Volkswagen experience!
Yep, that's it. Mike, I'm sure Colin would be happy to let you drive it if you asked, but since you already have a nice one of your own, there is no need. He was eager to have me drive Naranja on the grocery run, to inspire me to greater things for my beater.

Now, as to the equivalence of asking a guy to ride his bus, motorcycle or sweetheart..........I guess it all depends on condition and how much you have invested.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Don, maybe next year I will work up the courage...
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::