Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Re: The Itinerary Review Post

Post by glasseye » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 pm

I meant that in all sincerity. The shots of you interacting with the customer tell the story of how you help owners. The shots of either you or a customer appear to be just shots of people working on their VWs.

Agreed, though. Different strokes. Just my opinion.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Do mean pictures like the mentor and the student, studious efforts, laboratory setting???

I'll make no mention of the continuous stream of bad one-liner jokes and running commentary on the functionality of the Holley/Weber mistake fueling this all.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:49 am

glasseye wrote:I meant that in all sincerity. The shots of you interacting with the customer tell the story of how you help owners. The shots of either you or a customer appear to be just shots of people working on their VWs.

Agreed, though. Different strokes. Just my opinion.
I know you meant that in all sincerity, glasseye, I just had to take the opportunity to tease.
I personally like the interactions photographs, some of them have a wonderful mystery to them when you do not know what is going on at the time. "What are these two people doing with that whatchamacallit" and I also like pictures like Belle Plaine splatted on the floor with an unwieldy engine and hippiewannabee walking out of a garage where it really looks like an alien magnetodestructogizmo disassembled his entire mechanical universe. It is a good suggestion and I am going to substitute some of the more static shots.
. . . and I am sorely tempted to put up Runamuck Bus getting eaten . . .
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 am

Amskeptic wrote: . . and I am sorely tempted to put up Runamuck Bus getting eaten . . .
(edited)

HA!

"Can't find the answers to your VW problems? They're in there somewhere. We can help!"

I propose a captioning contest for this image. I get last place by default. :flower:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

jackstar
Getting Hooked!

Post by jackstar » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:50 am

The above picture of Colin with his free range co-op gathered and sold coffee from the local free soup kitchen and reading room looks much like it should be captioned, "Ohhh, this is going to hurt when that spring lets loose and he pokes that screw driver through his palm. I hope I don't get splattered blood in my Mocha Cappucino".

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:41 pm

jackstar wrote:The above picture of Colin with his free range co-op gathered and sold coffee from the local free soup kitchen and reading room looks much like it should be captioned, "Ohhh, this is going to hurt when that spring lets loose and he pokes that screw driver through his palm. I hope I don't get splattered blood in my Mocha Cappucino".
Runamuck? What were you working on there?
ColinMaxwellHouseClassicBlackIsFine

jackstar
Getting Hooked!

Post by jackstar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:24 am

He was working on firming up his disability claim with a #2 Philips head screwdriver.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Amskeptic wrote:ColinMaxwellHouseClassicBlackIsFine
Not 'round here. We got a Keurig for this year's visit... hot, foo-foo coffee on demand. Imma buy some 99.9% recycled, ferret-poop coffee from free-range coffee plants grown in a World Heritage Upland Jungle Preserve by pre-Colombian nomadic peoples using hand-shaped tools made from pure vegan obsidian and organic granite extracted from original Roman mines in the Dolomites.

Also, I'm going to post some pix tonight later. First I gotta get liquored up.

ML

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Lanval wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:ColinMaxwellHouseClassicBlackIsFine
Not 'round here. We got a Keurig for this year's visit... hot, foo-foo coffee on demand. Imma buy some 99.9% recycled, ferret-poop coffee from free-range coffee plants grown in a World Heritage Upland Jungle Preserve by pre-Colombian nomadic peoples using hand-shaped tools made from pure vegan obsidian and organic granite extracted from original Roman mines in the Dolomites.

Also, I'm going to post some pix tonight later. First I gotta get liquored up.

ML
You're not already liquored up?
ColinDrunkOnFooFooSelectStock2013DietCoke

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Headlight dimmer relay/switch. After years of being submerged it was determined that it was toast. Well, that and the fact that it practically disintegrated in your hands after being sprayed with electric parts cleaner. Oh, that's why the high beams don't work.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Runamuck Bus wrote:Headlight dimmer relay/switch. After years of being submerged it was determined that it was toast. Well, that and the fact that it practically disintegrated in your hands after being sprayed with electric parts cleaner. Oh, that's why the high beams don't work.
Now I remember. We were trying to get that fool minute spring back on that hopelessly crowded copper pivot plate . . . ah memories.
Colin

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello Colin,

Remember me? Im the one you took too lunch and made a promese to. you can figure out the spelling later or let your lady firend do it for ya. I don.t do mean very well.

Anyway hare is my proplem.,,,besides my com. Elwood has been runnning great and have been getting use d to my short commings and ect, ie carefull on HH and surley looking doods. He has been sounding kinda of clunkey and out of sorts that me and and frinend dennis cant detecxt dennis is not around much
so I figure I besr get intouch withe you for a spring flingh or some theing of theat nature, I gots some moneyh

Barb
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Elwood wrote:Hello Colin,
Remember me? Im the one you took to lunch.
Aw gee, there have been so many women I have taken to lunch, um, jog my memory,
You weren't that beige pantsuit real estate lady who kept telling me "I would have baked you a cake"?
Were you the one who loved sunsets on the beach, kittens, and laughing in the rain?
No wait, the goth woman with tattoos in that old '20's decor restaurant next to the railroad tracks, you ran a curio shop named the Obsidian Ocelot, "the hell I AM going to pay back taxes when it wasn't even mine yet"?
No, it is coming back to me, you were that strawberry blonde who drove Manx buggies and sailed fast Bahama Sloops, and did some crazy trip in a '69 VW bus to Arctic Circle all by herself?

Elwood wrote: Anyway here is my problem . . .
Elwood has been running great. He has been sounding kinda of clunky and out of sorts
so I figure I best get in touch with you for a spring fling or something of that nature.
Barb
It would be my pleasure to give Elwood as much time and attention as he needs . . . when I get to California.
Colin(remembermynotsosmartaleck?

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Just in case??????? Sorry

Post by Elwood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:20 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat, first one ,

:cheers: any way Colin glad you replied so quickly. Elwood and I are elated at you coming to California, Daffodilles are all ready up :flower: Of corse that may mean we are going to have a late winter or meybe

none at all :cheers:

Ill watch the boards more as the springtime grows near.

Batb
'69 weekender ~ Elwood