This Will Not Do

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

fancy pants
Old School!

Re: This Will Not Do

Post by fancy pants » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Please Portlanders, if you need some appointments in the fall, let me know.
I am certain I would benefit from another visit. you can count me in...
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback

We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:36 am

Amskeptic wrote:From 1971

to 2011

There will be a Cross-CountryTravel With TBRRD thread in the later fall. This car talks to me so hard, what a sweetheart!

Please Portlanders, if you need some appointments in the fall, let me know. I will need to finance fuel and road expenses and many repairs. Oregon72, again, thank-you for keeping the communication channels open.
Colin
Glad it all worked out. Really a beautiful bus, congrats.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

bajaman72
Addicted!

Post by bajaman72 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 am

Colin, you were much prettier in 1971 ;)
1968 Karmann Ghia - Driver
1969 Transporter - Project
1959 Karmann Ghia - Full Race Car

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Take some glamour shots of the Ruptured Duck and post them up here. I want to see some pin up/nose art pictures of that Bus.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 am

Sylvester wrote:Take some glamour shots of the Ruptured Duck and post them up here. I want to see some pin up/nose art pictures of that Bus.
In due time, young Sylvester.

Meanwhile I need options for my return trip to Portland tentatively scheduled for last few days in September.

A) Do I request that Portland area members put together a travelling tool assortment so I can fly unencumbered from Atlanta? I also need at a minimum a spare ready-to-install single port head.

B) Do I mail my tools to pj's CandyAppleRed Volkswagen Palace in a shipment of 8 or so boxes? If I do appointments in Portland area around that time, it would be better that I ship all of the contents of the BobD to pj'sCARVP, because a man without his tools is lost.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:26 am

I have two single port heads that you can have if it helps the cause. I don't know which is better, and either of them should be completely gone through but the offer is on the table.

Here's some photos:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=990246
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:06 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sylvester wrote:Take some glamour shots of the Ruptured Duck and post them up here. I want to see some pin up/nose art pictures of that Bus.
In due time, young Sylvester.

Meanwhile I need options for my return trip to Portland tentatively scheduled for last few days in September.

A) Do I request that Portland area members put together a travelling tool assortment so I can fly unencumbered from Atlanta? I also need at a minimum a spare ready-to-install single port head.

B) Do I mail my tools to pj's CandyAppleRed Volkswagen Palace in a shipment of 8 or so boxes? If I do appointments in Portland area around that time, it would be better that I ship all of the contents of the BobD to pj'sCARVP, because a man without his tools is lost.
Colin
How about us bus drivers between ATL and PDX do a Colin and Tools Relay! 100 mile ride from point A to point B with,
say, Sylvester starting you out down south.......all the way out west!! :joker:
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:33 pm

I volunteer for the Memphis Leg
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
a travelling tool assortment so I can fly unencumbered from Atlanta?

Please provide us a list of said tools so we can assess our supplies... You may wish to plan on packing some of the specialty tools in your suitcase.

(check into the shipping possibility, Look at the flat rate boxes. The "if it fit's it ships" boxes are a good deal for heavy items.)
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:14 pm

I thought about going with Colin on the trip but I can certainly relay also. I have never been to Memphis.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 am

I would bet that for less than $1000 you could have the RD shipped from Portland to Atlanta.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 am

BellePlaine wrote:I would bet that for less than $1000 you could have the RD shipped from Portland to Atlanta.
But what is the fun in that?

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 pm

VWGirl wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:I would bet that for less than $1000 you could have the RD shipped from Portland to Atlanta.
But what is the fun in that?
You're right, it's not as sexy. But probably cheaper and more reliable.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

BellePlaine wrote:You're right, it's not as sexy. But probably cheaper and more reliable.
it sounds like your trying to talk someone into buying a used Toyota instead of an old bus. :geek:
1979 California Transporter

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:32 pm

airkooledchris wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:You're right, it's not as sexy. But probably cheaper and more reliable.
it sounds like your trying to talk someone into buying a used Toyota instead of an old bus. :geek:
Haha! Probably, but Colin wouldn't need a caravan of tools to drive back a used Toyota. :geek: :geek: