Gas Prices

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Gas Prices

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:16 am

locoqueso wrote:I'm in at $420
I am not in over at PayPal. They keep asking me to verify that I am me before I can look at my own damn account to answer your question.
"Call 34134 at customer service" they say. What is that stupid number? It does not follow the phone number protocol I grew up with.
Colin
Lanval wrote:I assume Mr. C prefers things his own way ~ the extra time and space seems to suit him.
You be correct. I like an organic flow between my love of life, enjoying people's company, doing little projects that exercise ingenuity, and . . . paying the bills.

So far, we are doing OK with the 2011 Itinerary numbers, I vastly prefer word-of-mouth and one-on-one "infomercialing" for prospective itinerary visits.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 am

Amskeptic wrote:
I am not in over at PayPal. They keep asking me to verify that I am me before I can look at my own damn account to answer your question.
"Call 34134 at customer service" they say. What is that stupid number? It does not follow the phone number protocol I grew up with.
Colin
Lanval wrote:I assume Mr. C prefers things his own way ~ the extra time and space seems to suit him.
You be correct. I like an organic flow between my love of life, enjoying people's company, doing little projects that exercise ingenuity, and . . . paying the bills.

So far, we are doing OK with the 2011 Itinerary numbers, I vastly prefer word-of-mouth and one-on-one "infomercialing" for prospective itinerary visits.
If you'll forgive me, please allow me to stick my nose in it just one more time. Normally, I would never be so bold but you did open the door with this thread. Maybe the ideas I proposed wouldn't work, but I think that they are a form of word-of-mouth. For instance, a small tile ad on germansupply could reach new bus owners (who are making repairs because they are obviously buying parts), they probably know of thesamba but maybe not of the iac. Your tile ad links them to come here and then you begin your one-on-one needs analysis. The IAC has a facebook page, that's word of mouth too. Finally, those of us who are out there sharing with our friends the best kept seceret in antique vw repair would probably appreciate a modest media piece to support the effort. Make it eas(ier) on us. I'm sorry for being so forward, but speaking for myself, it's just that "selling" is actually really rewarding and enjoyable if you are selling something that you love and believe in and could talk about for hours without getting board.

Alright. I'm off my soapbox.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 am

BellePlaine wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin

If you'll forgive me, please allow me to stick my nose in it just one more time. Normally, I would never be so bold but you did open the door with this thread. Maybe the ideas I proposed wouldn't work, but I think that they are a form of word-of-mouth. For instance, a small tile ad on germansupply could reach new bus owners (who are making repairs because they are obviously buying parts), they probably know of thesamba but maybe not of the iac. Your tile ad links them to come here and then you begin your one-on-one needs analysis. The IAC has a facebook page, that's word of mouth too. Finally, those of us who are out there sharing with our friends the best kept seceret in antique vw repair would probably appreciate a modest media piece to support the effort. Make it eas(ier) on us. I'm sorry for being so forward, but speaking for myself, it's just that "selling" is actually really rewarding and enjoyable if you are selling something that you love and believe in and could talk about for hours without getting board.

Alright. I'm off my soapbox.

We could just make Colin a sign for the BobD.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifie ... 609097.jpg
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 am

poptop tom wrote: We could just make Colin a sign for the BobD.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifie ... 609097.jpg
Dang it, vwdoc.com is dead. :sunny:
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

vdubzen
Getting Hooked!

Post by vdubzen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:57 am

but theVWDoc.com is available, :)
1960 Karmann Ghia
1968 Deluxe Microbus
1973 Super Beetle
1974 Beetle

president, AAAVWclub.com

bajaman72
Addicted!

Post by bajaman72 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 am

Hopefully the sign looks a little better.. the first looks gaudy :pukeright:
1968 Karmann Ghia - Driver
1969 Transporter - Project
1959 Karmann Ghia - Full Race Car

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:28 am

the iac has a facebook page? Do I understand this correctly, Diet Coke and 420?
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Lanval wrote:
Anyway, I vote for moving it to $450 to make it a round number and to encourage you to:

1. Live slightly less on the edge
2. Finish your book

In that order, I guess, though number 2 is higher on my personal list of desires at some level.

Lanval
Agree with this; although 2. I would substitute "Pursue whatever your heart desires"
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::