Deposits Deadlines Details (updated April 25!)

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Deposits Deadlines Details (updated April 25!)

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 pm

This year's Itinerary Appointment Price Schedule is as follows:

A Full (9 Hour) Day is $420.00
A Half (4 1/2 Hour) Day is $220.00

The Deposit is: $150.00
The Balance is: $270.00

Your very best option is to use PayPal for the deposit and cash for the balance.
<78vw2000@earthlink.net>

In the "comment" box, you shall put your username/real life name,
your address, and your phone number

Once your deposit has posted, you get an IAC certified red D next to your name in the 2010 Itinerary list. That is my contractual obligation to be at your door at 9:00AM on the listed day.

Deposits are non-refundable if you screw up our date or your household finances collapse between now and your appointment. Let the sting be soothed by your willingness to consider it a contribution to a worthy cause to help your fellow forum members keep their beloved VWs healthy.

Deposits are happily refunded if I screw up, or if any other unforseen interruption should occur. I will endeavor to meet you halfway, and I expect that you will extend similar effort to work with me if I am delayed by a mechanical issue.

[due to the risks of my fuel/lodging/driving commitment to get to your house, deposits are a mandatory prerequisite. I must reach "critical mass" as far as total number of customers by May (we seem to be doing OK so far) but as important, we need all deposits in and recorded before I hit the road. You will note that I do not have dates filled in yet, we have some large "blocking" yet to do. (posted March 31)]

We here along the bottom rung of the American Economy are still having a tough time while the bankers and Fortune 500 CEO's get even fatter and happier.
Nonetheless, your air-cooled Volkswagen is an appreciating asset in your portfolio and a soothing balm against the cynical cheating lying ways of the world. It deserves your careful stewardship and will repay you with priceless family bonding/memories/adventures/fun/mental-physical-emotional challenges.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Deposit Info + Itinerary Details

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 am

And Furthermore . . .

We will initiating a conversation through the miracle of Personal Messaging.
You will give me a run-down as follows:

1) Your VW's model year + deviations from stock
2) What you'd like to accomplish (be florid, we will whittle)
3) Your capabilities including your tools and work environment (weatherproof?)
4) Your dreams for your VW, i.e. Road Warrior or Weekend Putterer or Museum Piece

I will respond with appraisal of likely projects and potential parts list you will need.
ColinIt's Easy
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles