2010 visit

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

2010 visit

Post by hambone » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:56 am

My passenger door works again! :cheers:
Truly the happiest bus moment in some time.
And alas, my Lucky Lab Late Night Parking Lot Advisors were in error, the hinge itself was OK. The housing and door pillar weren't aligned properly, remedied with a 2x4 and big hammer. Also, the latch mechanism (Brazil) had a bent actuator tab. And the inner door mechanism rod was too long. And the door bolt (threaded) anchor was stripped out and misshapen. All much much better. All because of an improper repair in 1975. And I've lived with it all this time.

Colin you are fantastic. Don't know what I'd do without ya.

Anyone need a near-impossible to find early bay hinge 1/2? :blackeye:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: 2010 visit

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:28 pm

hambone wrote:My passenger door works again! :cheers:
Truly the happiest bus moment in some time.
And alas, my Lucky Lab Late Night Parking Lot Advisors were in error, the hinge itself was OK. The housing and door pillar weren't aligned properly, remedied with a 2x4 and big hammer. Also, the latch mechanism (Brazil) had a bent actuator tab. And the inner door mechanism rod was too long. And the door bolt (threaded) anchor was stripped out and misshapen. All much much better. All because of an improper repair in 1975. And I've lived with it all this time.

Colin you are fantastic. Don't know what I'd do without ya.

Anyone need a near-impossible to find early bay hinge 1/2? :blackeye:
Lovely day with you and your beautiful family. You shoulda been at the Lucky Lab! Man!

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:06 pm

What is with you guys --- all work and no play????

Well, Colin tickled the ivory a bit and we got right to work.

Lots of carb sutff and in the end, we came to the conclusion that the jets are right, but the float level might be a little low. We had a disconnected emulsion tube and a little bit of crap in the carbs, but it still didn't correct the slight pulsing under load in the lower range of gears 2 and 3. Max advance at 28 degrees was all Colin would let me do, even though it feels a little like a timing problem but we came to the conclusion that advancing timing is like crack for my engine the performance improves, but the health declines. Instead of crack, Colin said we need broccoli so 28 degrees was all he would give me. Learned a lot as usual and I've still got a bit of work to do. I still don't know how he keeps up this pace. Thanks for all your help and dedication Colin.

Troy
-'72 Westy-

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Oregon72 wrote:What is with you guys --- all work and no play????
Great photograph . . . I had no idea you were trying to catch Willow howling at my failed transition :alien:

13mm float level, then fuel pressure under load, then we can maybe do a little teaspoon of crack.
CandyColin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 am

Yeah, it just so happened that your visit coincided with vacation time...and I desperately needed to get out of town. I'm sad I missed so many great gatherings.