Colin visits Deschutestrout

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Colin visits Deschutestrout

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Well, third year in a row I've enjoyed Colin's company and expertise. After a fabulous weekend at the Deschutes River RendezVW, I tried to catch up on some much-needed sleep (so did Colin) so we could make our 'lil mechanic session productive. Only 1/2 day and we accomplished a lot. Pulled wheels off Clementine, my '71 Beetle...prepped for full brake system replacement...parts ordered. Figured out why the horn quit working...as well as the gas gauge. Colin lovingly wiped off the steering column and gauge cluster and smirked at me the way he does and reminded me of cosmetic maintenance...at which time I reminded him of the schedule I keep...at which time he reminded me of the schedule he keeps...at which time we subconciously agreed to carry on :geek: . Moved on the "The Turd"...my '78 Champagne Westy that's been sitting for the last four years since I trailered it to Maupin. Found the fuel delivery problem as a clogged fuel line (not the tank as I expected) and the fuel pump was toast. Poured a bit of gas directly into the line and he fired to life and actually sounded quite good!!! Thanks Colin...see you at the 5th Annual RendezVW and yeah, we'll probably have something else to work on. Have fun at the Lucky Lab tonight and please, please keep your promise...drink two for me (and that's not including the ones you're drinking for yourself!) :drunken:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Colin visits Deschutestrout

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 am

deschutestrout wrote:see you at the 5th Annual RendezVW

please, please keep your promise...drink two for me (and that's not including the ones you're drinking for yourself!) :drunken:
That was fun getting that bus to start. Those are my favorite moments, getting a long dormant VW to sputter back to life. Clementine is such a cooperative little car, having not been mauled by people who don't know what they are doing.

I drank two for you, one and a half for me, and another for all those poor sober people. Then had to give myself a field sobriety test with a crowd of people offering support. "That's the doorway, yep you're going to make it." Then walked the line heel to toe and will not forget Barry's response to THAT. Graded myself on the curve . . .

What a fine bunch of people. . . and what a collection of fine fine VWs.
I am honored to call you friends. . . restores my tattered sense of community.
Colin It's Too Sunny This Morning Quiet Down You Stupid Screaming Birds
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:14 am

Our fine city's scores of weary VWs need you!
And as always great to see you. You remind me that the entire world isn't warped.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat