Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings South Carolina

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings South Carolina

Post by Amskeptic » Sat May 23, 2009 7:47 am

The official itinerary is on the road until Otober 3rd.

Last night's send-off dinner was remarkable, my sister-in-law's son is an artist with food, Ahi Tuna Tartare, battered shrimp, these steak spears in an amazing green sauce, a ceasar salad that was totally unique and a dessert of some glowering hunk of chocolate overload cooled with real vanilla bean vanilla ice cream with a butterscotch, geeeezus, and the Cabernet Sauvignon too.

The bus is still vaguely unhappy, it has a cracked Dansk right exchanger pipe inside of the jacketing where I cannot get to it. I am going to try to order a new one and drop-ship to Vdubtech's. It has a hesitation under acceleration that I have not experienced since 1984. I will attempt to track it down over the coming hours, days, weeks, months.

I am vaguely unhappy too, a delayed reaction to all number of fiercely stupid irritations as the human race and I attempt to interact and get things done. But, as I sit here in irritation, loving life from a safe distance, I get these deep flashes of connection "It Has Always Been Thus". The people I love are a collection of unbelievably maddening tics and habits and stubborness and self-importance, but I do not see any way that I could improve on the general lot of us. . . so I won't.

Ticky ticky ticky bus and I shall hit the road north presently, and I will go running down some country road in North Carolina and release all the things I have no control over. Perhaps tomorrow I will be sufficiently unwound to get out the camera and start looking at life anew.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:59 am

Somehow as the miles roll by under your wheels certain things just start to feel less important. Safe travels... see you soon.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

dingo
IAC Addict!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings South Carolina

Post by dingo » Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Amskeptic wrote:...
and release all the things I have no control over.

thats a good one..ill have to put that on my to-do list for this afternoon
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Colin,

Is the Fort Firelands 'LEAKOIL" campout still on your itinerary for next weekend?

Safe travels! Your ticky-ticky-ticky comment reminded me of these guys...

"In the ticky ticky ticky ticky ticky Bus, in the ticky ticky ticky ticky ticky Bus,
The miles fly by and the day opens wide,
in the ticky ticky ticky ticky ticky Bus!"
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun May 24, 2009 6:43 am

Amskeptic wrote:Last night's send-off dinner was remarkable, my sister-in-law's son is an artist with food, Ahi Tuna Tartare, battered shrimp, these steak spears in an amazing green sauce, a ceasar salad that was totally unique and a dessert of some glowering hunk of chocolate overload cooled with real vanilla bean vanilla ice cream with a butterscotch, geeeezus, and the Cabernet Sauvignon too.
Colin
So that was the dinner your brother mentioned. And I wasn't invited? After all I went through?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 am

Amskeptic wrote:The bus is still vaguely unhappy, it has a cracked Dansk right exchanger pipe inside of the jacketing where I cannot get to it.
I have an extra HE you can have.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 24, 2009 11:18 am

Sluggo wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:The bus is still vaguely unhappy, it has a cracked Dansk right exchanger pipe inside of the jacketing where I cannot get to it.
You do? Can it get to vdubtech's in Syracuse NY by Friday the 29th no fooling around? I just ordered a $289.00 More Dansk Crap from Bus Depot.
Does it have good jacketing and decent flanges at muffler, like not all corroded?
Colin

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sun May 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Sluggo wrote:
You do? Can it get to vdubtech's in Syracuse NY by Friday the 29th no fooling around? I just ordered a $289.00 More Dansk Crap from Bus Depot.
Does it have good jacketing and decent flanges at muffler, like not all corroded?
Colin
I can try to have it there by then. My Mom will be sending it from the Porsche dealership. It wouldn't go out until Wednesday. What's your next stop? And could you wait til' the next stop?

It's the one you saw in my basement and wanted but I planned on using it for the new Bus. Now that the new Bus is a '77, I don't need it. It's greasy & dirty but in very good shape. Better than a Dansk. If you were willing to wait a few months you could have the shiny ones on my Bus now.

Always try Interstate VW for heat exchangers. I paid $50 each for the pair of originals on my Bus. They even came with the fan shroud connector covers & flaps.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon May 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Safe travels Colin!
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Mon May 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Hiya Sluggo,
Sluggo wrote:.........Always try Interstate VW for heat exchangers. I paid $50 each for the pair of originals on my Bus. They even came with the fan shroud connector covers & flaps.
You talking about these guys?

http://www.interstateusedparts.com/

Last time I was in the LA area I went out and visited this outfit. They have an absolutely outstanding stock of parts. Borders on the unbelievable. They were not cheap but they had everything and in quantity.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Sluggo wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Can it get to vdubtech's in Syracuse NY by Friday the 29th no fooling around? I just ordered a $289.00 More Dansk Crap from Bus Depot.
Colin
I can try to have it there by then. My Mom will be sending it from the Porsche dealership. It wouldn't go out until Wednesday. What's your next stop? And could you wait til' the next stop?
PM coming.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Tue May 26, 2009 9:47 am

Bookwus wrote:Hiya Sluggo,
Sluggo wrote:.........Always try Interstate VW for heat exchangers. I paid $50 each for the pair of originals on my Bus. They even came with the fan shroud connector covers & flaps.
You talking about these guys?

http://www.interstateusedparts.com/

Last time I was in the LA area I went out and visited this outfit. They have an absolutely outstanding stock of parts. Borders on the unbelievable. They were not cheap but they had everything and in quantity.
That's the place. I have yet to need any part they don't have. And their prices are pretty good from what I've seen.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.