IAC Dallas

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

IAC Dallas

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:20 am

I only saw downtown Dallas from the horizon as I tucked underneath along I-20 to Garland. It was a focused high-speed trip across Texas, and I have eight MOV clips shot at 30 minute intervals for use in the Big Screen Release of IAC The Movie.

At James Dwan's house, I was treated to his newly painted bus:

. . . and he was treated to an IAC new black lettering/numbering and red nail polish plus clearcoat grafitti attack on his timing scale:

which we then put to good use:

This bus is in the midst of a slow evolution amongst the two other VWs in his fleet. We had a hilarious test drive down the street in the half-assembled unplated uninsured pink Superbeetle-with-challenged-exhaust-system where his paranoid panic of police came to gorgeous fruition. Right across the intersection at the corner, COP CAR! Screech to a halt. S**t! Now what? I backed the car up and parallel parked at the very nearest opportunity, got out of the car and sauntered across the street to strike up a conversation with two startled residents in the midst of minor outdoor chores. Under my breath, I told them to "make it look like I came here to visit YOU" and we launched into a loud empty conversation about the Mercedes 450SEL sitting there.
Quietly, we discussed if a U-turn would raise the interest of our COP! sitting there. The residents, having warmed to our task, offered to drive us home in another car. James and I decided not to leave the Superbeetle there all half assembled and unplated, but nice offer, heh?
Eventually, the COP! drives off, and we have to determine if the COP! will come around from behind and close off the northeast flank of the street grid. Hmmmm. Eventually, we decide to HIGHTAIL it home and we did. Chastened, I drove the Superbeetle down his street a couple of hours later to diagnose it. Here's a diagnosis. The battery is damn close to dead. Push start just barely got me home. Anyways, James is a solid participant in the love of these cars, and I enjoyed my day.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 am

That shore is a purty Bus! What color is it exactly? Silver? Metallic Gray? Looks very nice!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:55 am

vwlover77 wrote:That shore is a purty Bus! What color is it exactly? Silver? Metallic Gray? Looks very nice!
Couldn't tell you exactly. It is a Nissan color. Ask James. Sets off the VW styling very nicely.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I never would have guessed a modern looking metalic would look good on a Bus, but that is outstanding.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:13 pm

I now have timing scale envy!
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:59 pm

LOVE the color! :colors:
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: IAC Dallas

Post by Sylvester » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:42 am

Amskeptic wrote:Right across the intersection at the corner, COP CAR! Screech to a halt. S**t! Now what?
Wow, you were BUSTED and got away!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

TexasAirCooler
Getting Hooked!

Post by TexasAirCooler » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
vwlover77 wrote:That shore is a purty Bus! What color is it exactly? Silver? Metallic Gray? Looks very nice!
Couldn't tell you exactly. It is a Nissan color. Ask James. Sets off the VW styling very nicely.
Colin

It's green. That's what he told me.

Tried to post it as an img. but guess I'm not worthy. :scratch:

(08/28 added img tags - roving Itinerant Administrator)
Terry

'65 bus • restore project

"Heroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags."