Colin in Oklahoma

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

barrysmith
I'm New!

Colin in Oklahoma

Post by barrysmith » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:54 pm

sorry but I don't quite know where to start ..................my bus is a helluva lot better off than on Tuesday though =D> . Colin shows up and wham bam we start at the front and it's a whirling dervish pace all the way to the back and next thing I know it's 8:30 PM and Colin is outta there on the way to the next stop. Things that didnt work now work and my head is now clear on a plan for future work and expenditures. Time spent with a very intelligent and insightful person is time well spent. Dremel tools were used as well as tin snips to create needed parts. Instructions given, tests taken, no lunch, dirty fingernails, gumout used and a day was made the most of. Test drive was the best.........Colin said my bus was the sloppiest steerer of any he had ever driven.......gee I hadnt noticed, my daily driver is an autoX set-up Miata. told him it was like steering a boat , haha. But now I KNOW! Next year please come back, my bus needs it and the VW world needs a guy like Colin. I can drive at night now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Barry, you have met the Itinerator. :cheers: Welcome to the IAC!
71 bus, 74 westy

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 am

This bus had been subjected to the restless "engineering" of an idiot in its past. The wiring was daft.

But I loved the steering. It was so horrible that it was funny.
But lest we get carried away with laughter as we toss the steering wheel around in great useless arcs, it would be a bit safer with some new parts here and there. . . :king:

Enjoyed the day with Barry who was hospitable and brave with conversations about the future direction of this great country.

ColinInMissouri
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles