PDX to Trinity Alps/NorCal, any interest?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

PDX to Trinity Alps/NorCal, any interest?

Post by tristessa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Just throwing the idea out to see if anyone might be interested in a trip thataway at some point. My folks have a summerish place on 10 acres just outside Weaverville, and it's about 8 hours drive from Portland. Plus Barry is landing in Grants Pass, could stop and torture .. er, visit with him on the way.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

sailorkh
Addicted!

Re: PDX to Trinity Alps/NorCal, any interest?

Post by sailorkh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 pm

I would definitely be interested in meeting you guys there.
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Depends on when and how and how long.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Yes, id make the trek as well. Ive been up into the Marble Mountain wilderness area a few times this year but haven't been in the neighboring Trinity Alps yet, and would jump at the chance to do so with some VW folks.
1979 California Transporter

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:20 pm

"When", "how" and "how long" are questions I was hoping we could figure out in this thread. I know school's starting for those of y'all with chillunz, plus we're heading towards fall & winter which cuts into accessibility later in the year...

hambone

Post by hambone » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Alas, I cannot afford the gas solo. I would have to share the ride. If it's too far for a few days, maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere.
It is difficult getting these trips going anymore via the IAC. Everyone seems distracted by an all too short summertime.

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Fall is a beautiful time of the year, but I'm sure a lot of folks are tied up with schedules, school and such. My work schedule is very flexible and all I would need would be a couple of weeks notice, and I'm there. A Thursday thru Monday trip would be great, and I'll bring a keg of Racer 5... :occasion5:
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:35 pm

K, been looking at work calendars & figgering things out. First chance I've got for this kind of trip is 9/29 (Thurs) through 10/3 (Monday), after that nothing until the weekend of Halloween followed by the weekend of Veteran's Day. After *that* it really starts getting weather dependent .. plus the holiday season.

Anyone think the 9/29-10/3 weekend could work? It's 8 hours drive from PDX, about 6 from Santa Rosa, CA (via Calistoga/Middletown to Williams on I-5) .. not sure of driving time from the east/south bay (I-80 to I-505 to I-5) but roughly the same ballpark...

Keg of Racer5 is probably overkill but a few sixers wouldn't be a bad idea .. and if you could bring a few 22's of Big Bear Black Stout that would rock .. haven't been able to find it around Portland lately.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:09 pm

that would work for me, mostly. it's right after I get back from Laguna Seca and I might not be able to leave home until Friday after work, but it's only a two hour drive from here so it's no big deal either.

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Any of those dates would work for me, as long as I give at least a weeks notice for time off at work. It would be nice if this works out, would be a great way to end the summer.
tristessa wrote:Keg of Racer5 is probably overkill but a few sixers wouldn't be a bad idea .. and if you could bring a few 22's of Big Bear Black Stout that would rock .. haven't been able to find it around Portland lately.
Okay, A keg would be a bit overkill I suppose, I'll just bring a good selection...and the sourdough too!! :salute:

Hey, maybe Colin could come along too when he picks up the Duck...or whateveritsnameis..
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:49 am

...Hammy?

hambone

Post by hambone » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:56 pm

I gotta see. Things are of course less than harmonious around here. Bleh.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 pm

I'd love to come and bring the Racer5 direct from Healdsburg. Unfortunately, vacation is allllll used up. Working stiff.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:18 pm

anyone camping in nor-cal this coming weekend? - or soon?

we've been having some of the nicest weather we've had all year just these past few weeks up here along the coast.

if nobody is gathering as a group, specifically, im sure ill be getting the bus loaded up here in Eureka and heading either north or south.

while it's pricey because it's a federal site, ill probably hit up Patrick's Point, just because I haven't yet this year and it's freakin beautiful there.
or just north of there to this place called kamp klamath, which we randomly stumbled upon a few years back (they do this amazing salmon BBQ on Saturday nights, along with a local band)

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:55 pm

airkooledchris wrote:anyone camping in nor-cal this coming weekend? - or soon?

we've been having some of the nicest weather we've had all year just these past few weeks up here along the coast.

if nobody is gathering as a group, specifically, im sure ill be getting the bus loaded up here in Eureka and heading either north or south.

while it's pricey because it's a federal site, ill probably hit up Patrick's Point, just because I haven't yet this year and it's freakin beautiful there.
or just north of there to this place called kamp klamath, which we randomly stumbled upon a few years back (they do this amazing salmon BBQ on Saturday nights, along with a local band)
Man, I would love to head up there, I could really use a camp out right now.
I live on a boat and one of my dock neighbors, we call ourselves "sailor park trash", passed away on Sept 11th. 59 years of age and had a heart attack. I took off last Friday so I could help out his boys with the service that was on Saturday, so I won't be able to get another one off until possibly next week. If your still planning then I would hit up Patrick's Point for sure. I have never been there, and it would really do me some good.
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"