Crater Lake - Diamond Lake

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Never been there, but even looking at pictures suggests a subtlety of color that is impossible to recreate photographically. One of the many weird landscapes that fortunately are set aside as parks. Good point GE. Again, even though it's photographically challenging, everywhere is essentially. This place is a little moreso I think. I imagine it is just spectacular up close.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:11 pm

turk wrote:.. even though it's photographically challenging, everywhere is essentially. This place is a little moreso I think.
Too true, turk. It's all challenging. That's why it's such fun.

As I said out loud when a bunch of tourists joined me at a Crater lake viewpoint: "They musta photoshopped it"

Nobody laughed. :drunken:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Good anecdote. I almost always find those places oddly awkward, unless it's locals, with the other tourists. Yellowstone was odd for me, alone amongst little mobs of tourists at stop points. Next time I have to spend a few weeks there and camp in the backcountry. Me and a tourist had words at a viewpoint. An older "gentleman" sarcastically scolded me for "blocking his and his wife's view" for a few moments while I took a picture. Later at another lower point where a coyote stopped traffic, they raced around me in apparent anger, I guess he wasn't finished. :blackeye:

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:33 am

Finally got around to seeing these, nice job. Everyone looks very happy! That's the point of summertime trips.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Re: Crater Lake - Diamond Lake

Post by Gypsie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Oregon72 wrote:We dropped down the east side and OMG found the engine stuck in near fully floored RPM - what the hell??? turned off key and coasted to the side of the road - somehow the throttle cable/linkage was hung up. Fiddled with it a bit and problem #1 solved

About a mile from Diamond Lake and road side fix #2 happens --- go to shift to 4th and gear shift flops over to the side - everythings all messed up in there. Kids and wife were not to happy about it.
Yeah, thems those moments when yer real quiet like, listenen fer stuff, not sayin' nuthin bout no classic vehicle...

Way to jump into the dutch oven with both feet.

All in all looked like the wonder years in the making.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....