Fort Bragg, CA

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Fort Bragg, CA

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:42 pm

ill be loading up the Westy and heading to Fort Bragg this weekend if anyone happens to be in the area - wave!

were camping just south of the city, but will certainly find our way to the North Coast Brewing Company over the weekend. Hopefully more than twice.....

on tap, it's so so numz.
1979 California Transporter

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Fort Bragg, CA

Post by Sylvester » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:53 pm

airkooledchris wrote:ill be loading up the Westy and heading to Fort Bragg this weekend if anyone happens to be in the area - wave!
I am a Special Operations fan myself! Nice place too!

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:14 pm

different Fort Bragg, this one is on the coast of California. :drunken:

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm

airkooledchris wrote:different Fort Bragg, this one is on the coast of California. :drunken:
I know, would have been heck of a drive from CA to NC just to camp. I just pull for my area when I can. Carry on!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:52 pm

airkooledchris wrote:different Fort Bragg, this one is on the coast of California. :drunken:
..and the former home of the Adventurewagen camper conversion company.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 pm

it was a fun trip, albeit quick. unfortunately (fortunately?) we didn't take either of the vans...

we ended up taking my friends Audi, but with the extremely twisty roads on the way there - it WAS nice having a 3.0 V6 and all wheel drive...

that thing has so much freakin grip that you can smell the tires before you can smell the brakes when running it hard.

on a side note I get why Colin hates coming here to Eureka. Driving home we went from 100* outside Garberville and 29 minutes later it was 70* as we neared Eureka.

thankfully it dropped to a respectable 65* once we got back.

:colors:

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:16 pm

ft bragg and the mendo coast is cool. from westport to albion. i would be into humboldt camping, either lost coast or trins. would like to seymour besides december/january.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm

thanks for bringing this one back up to the top of the list. I need to get back to Fort Bragg ASAP. I kinda forgot that the beaches there are oddly nice/warm compared to the rest of the coast this time of year...

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:22 pm

say we had an 041 AV and a couple of limb saws ..and all we wanted was much free dry firewood, recent driftwood.
cause i'll donate a chain to a sandy cause

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re:

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:59 am

airkooledchris wrote:it was a fun trip,
thankfully it dropped to a respectable 65* once we got back.
:colors:
What I would do for a 65* right now . . .
Colin
(p.s. my '62 Lincoln gives you the fragrance of tire smoke turning around in a parking lot, then the fragrance of brakes docking at the bank teller's window :cherry: )
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Re: Re:

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Amskeptic wrote: (p.s. my '62 Lincoln gives you the fragrance of tire smoke turning around in a parking lot, then the fragrance of brakes docking at the bank teller's window :cherry: )
sometimes the sensation of speed is good enough. I think that's why I miss my little beetle so much. I could (seemingly) race like a raped ape around town all day and barely break the speed limit.