December Snow/Rain Camp 2008 - Oregon

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:11 pm

8:30am - You got it Bob - I'm a fan of compromise. Just means I better start getting my act together earlier - not a bad thing.

When you suggested the Timothy Lake route, I was glad for the simple fact that I don't like people riding my bumper while climing elevation. Much more relaxing to just cruise through the woods at a VW pace.

See you in Barton, you path-less-traveled-lovin'-son-of-a-gun.
-'72 Westy-

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes, I concede. That will be a more relaxing route. We'll establish a spot and see you 10:30 give or take. Gonna be fun time with the peanut gallery fersure.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Gresham? Hell no. I go through Damascus and Boring to Sandy. Just a hop skip and jump from my place.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Westy78 wrote:Gresham? Hell no. I go through Damascus and Boring to Sandy. Just a hop skip and jump from my place.
That'd be the route I'd take, but I live in Maupin. That definitely is an easy, quick route. But again, let'em ride where they ride.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 am

I've only gone thru that way once, but it was a really nice drive and I was quite surprised that it really didn't take that long. We'll time it and see, maybe I got lucky last time. You know me and the Clacky, I'm addicted to the place. Warms my heart to pass thru. My Green Shaggy Sweetheart. Hoooooboy that sounds like a song! Maybe we can come up with some lyrics when we're out there.
You know, a nice old country waltz.

Well it's gonna be good to see all you guys. Wish we coulda got the whole Oregon Minutemen to-gether but it's tuff when people got stuff goin on in their lives.

At least I got today off from work, and I don't haveta go back to that place until Monday. And I git to spend the day bonding with the Beetle, see what it needs, change it's diaper etc. After it warms up a little, it's damp out there and kinda foggy. And I reset all the clocks in the house to a little after 4 so that helps tremendously.

See you in a few.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:11 am

Westy78 wrote:Gresham? Hell no. I go through Damascus and Boring to Sandy. Just a hop skip and jump from my place.
I go that way too when heading to the ski areas, course I'm coming from the south on I-205. Speaking of which, I should be snowboarding by now - aww what the hell, a little bus camping is quite alright as well.
-'72 Westy-

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 pm

Oregon72 wrote:
I go that way too when heading to the ski areas, course I'm coming from the south on I-205. Speaking of which, I should be snowboarding by now - aww what the hell, a little bus camping is quite alright as well.
Yes, gove'nah. Quite alright indeed.

Everyone take benedryl. DOH!

If I didn't have to work in TACOMA (f#$^ing place) this weekend I would be there. And yes, the 600 mile commute every month kind of blows. Say hi to Saquatch for me :drunken:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Anyone up for some dutch oven chili to warm the bones?

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Westy78 wrote:Anyone up for some dutch oven chili to warm the bones?
Oh yeah! Jasan, what time Friday do you believe you'll be pulling in?

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:23 pm

deschutestrout wrote:
Westy78 wrote:Anyone up for some dutch oven chili to warm the bones?
Oh yeah! Jasan, what time Friday do you believe you'll be pulling in?
OK got all the fixins that should feed all of us for chili. Depends on how hungry everyone is. It makes a full 12" dutch. Plan it for Saturday night. I have cornbread mix too.

I have really no idea when I'll be pulling in. I'm hoping that the meeting will be over by three or so and that would put me up there sometime around 5:30-6:00. Best case scenario is that talks will fall apart and I can be out of there around two.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Boy howdy, we get a couple of days like it was today in Maupin (50, bluebird sky, no wind) tis gonna be an awesome "winter" camping trip. Bus is loaded, cept for a couple of things. We'll be rolling 8:30 or so. YaHOOOOO!

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:49 pm

deschutestrout wrote:Boy howdy, we get a couple of days like it was today in Maupin (50, bluebird sky, no wind) tis gonna be an awesome "winter" camping trip. Bus is loaded, cept for a couple of things. We'll be rolling 8:30 or so. YaHOOOOO!
It was super nice here too. Windy but clear blue skies and that brisk chill in the air. Latest I've seen is no rain 'till Sunday afternoon. Can't wait!!

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Westy78 wrote:
deschutestrout wrote:Boy howdy, we get a couple of days like it was today in Maupin (50, bluebird sky, no wind) tis gonna be an awesome "winter" camping trip. Bus is loaded, cept for a couple of things. We'll be rolling 8:30 or so. YaHOOOOO!
It was super nice here too. Windy but clear blue skies and that brisk chill in the air. Latest I've seen is no rain 'till Sunday afternoon. Can't wait!!
Shouldn't be any wind where we're campin'...with all those TREES and such :cheers:

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Good news!!I just found out that my daughter's piano recital has been postponed till next Thursday, so I'll be staying the full duration with you jokers.

Jasan, is there anything you would like me to pickup at the store to throw in your chili? Or I can bring something else? What goes good with Chili? Nice loaf a' sourdough?

Mark, I'm still bringing the shrimp like you PM'd me about for tomorrow night. Goin to the store once the kids are in bed and gotta pack up da' bus tonite.
-'72 Westy-

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Woot! (sorry Hal, that's your line). Glad you can stay the entire weekend! Firewood, bring firewood. See you 10:30ish tomorrow! :cheers: I'll, bus-running-good-depending, will claim our spot 10ish. I'm still gunning for the "campground"...don't let that scare you...tis a two site spot that is way cool. Big trees everywhere, and far enough off the road to discourage the scabs....