December Snow/Rain Camp 2008 - Oregon

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

December Snow/Rain Camp 2008 - Oregon

Post by deschutestrout » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Hey. Starting a new thread. How does the weekend of December 5, 6, 7 work for you guys and gals? The Breitenbush spot we scored last year worked great...I'd be game for that. Room for a dozen buses if we have 'em.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Bump.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:55 pm

.........Maybe........

Even though we went camping in the snow this past weekend in the Umatilla NF.

BRRRRRRR!!!!!!! It was up at Jubilee Lake and there was only about an inch and it was very beautiful.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:04 am

I'll be there.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

LJveedubb
Getting Hooked!

Post by LJveedubb » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am

We are going to make EVERY effort to be there!
My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not a virtue; rather it denotes a lack of courage.
-- Frances Owens

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:55 am

If you guys would just come a bit further south there would be no snow and less (if any) rain.

But Noooooo, you gotta camp where it's soggy and miserable....

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 am

Yes, but have you seen the tumbling mists rising from the evergreen valleys, a jewel drop on every tiny green needle, the wind scattering bits of neon lichen thru the air like tiny kites, yes the very land itself respirating, tiny rain droplets rising from the spongy earth like a catalyst, the mysterious hoot of a hidden owl, ancient tree trunks with miniature ecosystems and draped spiderwebs with diamond dewdrops, the mystery of a secret cougar slipping wet thru giant ferns, raging torrents of emerald rivers choked with silent gray hints of trout, the peaceful-tense dark eyes of a doe and fawn watching wetly under the canopy (with curiosity cancelling fear), and yes rain rain glorious RAIN! falling in a billion ways, fashioned into falling lace, merging into the fabric of the land, dancing in the very winds of creation?

misszora
IAC Addict!

Post by misszora » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Is this a go?
Miss Zora - '77 VW Riviera Hard Top Campmobile
Dharma Bug - '69 VW Bug
The Vandejo - '74 VW Westfalia Poptop (former mom)

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm

hambone wrote:Yes, but have you seen the tumbling mists rising from the evergreen valleys, a jewel drop on every tiny green needle, the wind scattering bits of neon lichen thru the air like tiny kites, yes the very land itself respirating, tiny rain droplets rising from the spongy earth like a catalyst, the mysterious hoot of a hidden owl, ancient tree trunks with miniature ecosystems and draped spiderwebs with diamond dewdrops, the mystery of a secret cougar slipping wet thru giant ferns, raging torrents of emerald rivers choked with silent gray hints of trout, the peaceful-tense dark eyes of a doe and fawn watching wetly under the canopy (with curiosity cancelling fear), and yes rain rain glorious RAIN! falling in a billion ways, fashioned into falling lace, merging into the fabric of the land, dancing in the very winds of creation?
I'll have what he has ~ sigh ~ but alas I live in the very dry south forest where the critters come into my yard for a drink out of bowls of water for the birds. Injoy it all you pnwners and I hold no envey or jelosie BTW-Gypsie or others, only that you take every chance you can to be there.

Have a wonderfull time but keep your instruments out of the rain :drunken: You dumb sh@&%% ,s at least my gut bucket could be of use to turn over and catch a little wash water. :bom: Love Ya, Barb
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:00 pm

LOL

Ya, my tuba and harps do just fine in the elements as well. I hope you can make Maupin sometime Barb, it would be great to meet you and hang out.

We got the manual back BTW, I hope it was helpful.......got the Jim Kweskin Jug Band playing in the new house as I write this, thanks for that tip!!! Kazoo and Jug kicks ass!! :cheers:

Woohoo! Oh yeah, snow camp. YEAH!!!!! BABY YEAH!!!!!!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:50 pm

spiffy wrote:......got the Jim Kweskin Jug Band playing in the new house as I write this,
a bo dee o do! :)
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:47 pm

spiffy wrote:LOL

Ya, my tuba and harps do just fine in the elements as well. I hope you can make Maupin sometime Barb, it would be great to meet you and hang out.

We got the manual back BTW, I hope it was helpful.......got the Jim Kweskin Jug Band playing in the new house as I write this, thanks for that tip!!! Kazoo and Jug kicks ass!! :cheers:

Woohoo! Oh yeah, snow camp. YEAH!!!!! BABY YEAH!!!!!!
Ya the Co-Pilot and I exchanged a few pms' and she helped me with some low times. The manual was a great insite and I did scan a few areas of interest. He is in a holding pattern now but would love to drive him to Maupin next year with my gut bucket. Anything is possible with me :flower: And good to hear that the Jug Band is part of your new digs,
Ive always felt good with that music around me, no matter the geography.
Do you still use the po for mailing? Let me know where to send a house warming doo dad. Stay Happy, Rag Mama Barb
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:49 am

Time to start plannin this thing....
Mark and I were thinking of trying to have it somewheres near Mt. Hood for convenience. Whattya think?
If this warm weather holds up we may have to head up high to get snow.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm gonna try my derndest to make this one, so the further south the better. I'm kinda strapped for gas-cash.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

hambone

Post by hambone » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:52 am

We can always go to the Britenbush area again, head up higher like we planned last year. HIGHER! :drunken: