2014-05-04 - Hiking the Lodi Marsh

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sped372
IAC Addict!

2014-05-04 - Hiking the Lodi Marsh

Post by sped372 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Feels like it has been about a million years since I last posted... things sure are different with a baby around! The coldest winter on record didn't help efforts to get outside, either!

We've been able to take a few hikes over the past month or so, but yesterday was the first time we've had the bus out. Leland got his first-ever bus ride and seemed to enjoy it.

We only went about five miles to the nearby marsh and its rambling trail that leads you through an oak savannah overlooking some wetlands. The hiking pack I picked up second-hand has been a lifesaver. This kid is HUGE! I couldn't imagine carrying him otherwise. He's in 18mo clothing and weighs 25lbs at 6 months old.

We saw plenty of early spring wildlife... songbirds, a garter snake, and even some sandhill cranes.

The world is definitely waking up! Leland, however, was falling asleep. Paying attention to all the new outdoor things is tiring!

After a quick drive home we spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the driveway. We grilled out while Leland spent time playing in the bus. He seems to like it in there. Don't think his excer-saucer will make it on any camping trips (no room!) but it was fun while we were home.

All in all a very nice day to round out the weekend. Feels great to be out with the sun on your skin at long last!
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: 2014-05-04 - Hiking the Lodi Marsh

Post by ruckman101 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Fantastic! Looks to have been a perfect day for all.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Tue May 06, 2014 8:59 am

Great pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Haha, that's a fun time with a kid until you have to carry him on a 5 mile hike. Bus camping is much easier!
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Tue May 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Very nice. I used to carry my son around in the same kind of pack, and I'm familiar with that tilted back head. He's 25 now, and could carry me around. Enjoy these moments; it goes by quick.