Nehalem Bay, Oregon...Feb 1-4....who's goin'?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

CoPilot

Post by CoPilot » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:14 am

Bob, not staying the weekend? Haven't read the whole thread so if you already said why, sorry.

We've rearraged and are at A24. No need to worry about the fog horns, John, so be sure to prepare the fall out shelter upon arrival.

CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Elaine :cheers:

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:44 am

I work Sun-Wed these days...but at least you'll have my GLORY for a nite! Behold!
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:42 am

Talk has finally begun on the WetWesty site about this gathering. Sites are slowly starting to book up. Gypsie, Hal, Jasan, Neal....Trotsky...haven't heard from you folks on this one...ya'll comin'? (sorry if I left someone out)
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

hambone

Post by hambone » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:51 am

Gypsie doens't come around here much no-mo....wonder why?

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:55 am

hambone wrote:Gypsie doens't come around here much no-mo....wonder why?
Maybe he found a vanagon-only forum somewhere :geek: . Yeah, don't see many posts from him lately. He did indicate when this tread started that "he was in" ... so, hopefully he's still a definite.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:21 pm

I want to go but you know, that whole engineless bus thing is still looming.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Westy78 wrote:I want to go but you know, that whole engineless bus thing is still looming.
:dontknow: Wish I could help you...but, that is currently beyond my scope of ever-growing VW knowledge.

Bring a tent, a warm sleeping bag, raingear (we hopefully won't need it) and a great big bottle 'o booze and join us :cheers: Just wouldn't be the same without you :pale: I have a four person tent you can use if you need it. And a warm-ass sleeping bag...can fully outfit you if you need it!

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:32 pm

deschutestrout wrote:
Westy78 wrote:I want to go but you know, that whole engineless bus thing is still looming.
:dontknow: Wish I could help you...but, that is currently beyond my scope of ever-growing VW knowledge.

Bring a tent, a warm sleeping bag, raingear (we hopefully won't need it) and a great big bottle 'o booze and join us :cheers: Just wouldn't be the same without you :pale: I have a four person tent you can use if you need it.
It's actually ready to be installed but it's finding the motivation to get out in the cold and rain to do it that I'm having issues with. I was thinking of getting a yurt if the bus isn't ready by then.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:35 pm

Westy78 wrote:
deschutestrout wrote:

Bring a tent, a warm sleeping bag, raingear (we hopefully won't need it) and a great big bottle 'o booze and join us :cheers: Just wouldn't be the same without you :pale: I have a four person tent you can use if you need it.
It's actually ready to be installed but it's finding the motivation to get out in the cold and rain to do it that I'm having issues with. I was thinking of getting a yurt if the bus isn't ready by then.
Yeah! Do the yurt thing! Get one on our side of the camp (over by A25ish area) Will give us a cozy spot for a jam session too =D>

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:38 pm

deschutestrout wrote:
Westy78 wrote:
deschutestrout wrote:

Yeah! Do the yurt thing! Get one on our side of the camp (over by A25ish area) Will give us a cozy spot for a jam session too =D>
We'll see. Gotta figure out somewhere to leave the hounds if I do that. I really wish they allowed dogs inside the yurts.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:15 am

yeesh, take a few days off to roll in the holiday blizzard and they get ready to sell off yer moniker.

just reserved A22 for Fri and Sat.

I'll bring some dry firewood.

(and Chorizo!)
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:26 am

Well, there you are Gypsie! Haven't seen you round these parts for a while. See you at Nehelam...I hope this weather thing gets its act together. :bounce:

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 am

lookin forward to whatever gets thrown down on us.
It would be nice to have Sun and a little heat for some strummin' but rain and wind make for better drinkin' weather.
:geek:
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

hambone

Post by hambone » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:09 am

This is the wettest winter I've seen in my life! Geesh is there no end?!??!!
Today: Periods of showers. High near 41. South wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Tonight: Periods of rain showers, mixing with snow after 10pm. Low around 34. South southwest wind between 5 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Monday: A chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. South southeast wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Monday Night: Periods of rain. Low around 39. South southeast wind between 9 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Tuesday: Periods of rain. High near 45. South wind between 13 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Tuesday Night: Showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Thursday: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:13 am

Gypsie wrote:lookin forward to whatever gets thrown down on us.
It would be nice to have Sun and a little heat for some strummin' but rain and wind make for better drinkin' weather.
:geek:
I drink just fine in the sun and the heat :drunken: Thank you very much.