Ohio Campout and VW Show August 10-12

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Ohio Campout and VW Show August 10-12

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am

The Central Ohio Vintage VW Club Volksfest takes place on Saturday, August 11 in Pataskala, Ohio, just east of Columbus. This is a really fun show with a LOT of cars. You sure don't have to have a "show car" to participate. It's a low-key, casual affair and the "judging" is by popular vote of the attendees. Here is a link:

http://www.covvc.org/events.htm

(Check out the 2006 photos and you'll see my Westy!)

A very nice VW campout takes place in Mount Vernon, Ohio the weekend of the show, called the DixieBus gathering. There is a fun caravan of cars from the campground to the show on Saturday morning. Here is a link:

http://www.geocities.com/dixie_bus_gathering/

It would be great to have an IAC contingent at both the show and campout!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

tedebare
I'm New!

Post by tedebare » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 am

I'll be there, with cherries. Ted

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:37 am

tedebare wrote:I'll be there, with cherries. Ted
Thank God...I've missed the cherries!! I'll be there...all the way at the end near the bridge in my designated spot. I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to attend both the campout and the show. There is none better!!!

remark
I'm New!

Post by remark » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Hoping to be there, although it always seems something gets in the way :pale: . Currently negotiating with the gf about me going to this and her going to a family get together. Keep getting the "do what you want" quote from her :angryfire: . We all know that means do what she wants or suffer :argue: .
I reject your reality and substitute my own.