Who is going to BYOB?

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

static
IAC Addict!

Who is going to BYOB?

Post by static » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:10 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/index.php#3439

I am planning on selling some random postcards and photos, and maybe offing some of my Coleman lanterns and camp stoves.

Anybody planning on coming down on Friday evening, camping over night and ingesting some adult beverages?

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 am

Ah come on. Nobody is going to BYOB? DjEep? Dingo?

Who is going to help me drink?

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:24 pm

Wish I could make it, but I have to work the sailboat show in Oakland that weekend. And, the weather looks a little crappy too. Maybe you could make the Covelo campout :)
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:27 pm

I would, if this wasn't the 15th or so consecutive year of my motorcycle group campout. My campout is always the last Saturday in April.

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:43 pm

A good time was had by all at the Red Barn yesterday. I got there at 11:00 pm or so on Friday night, set up "camp" and had a few snifters of impressive brandy to help me to unwind. Once again, I managed to camp right across from the Deaf Volks Club, a nice enough group of folks who are a bit quiet. Having Hwy 101 right behind me broke the silence just fine.

(Oh, and a special thanks to whomever invented "Jake's Brakes")

On Saturday morning, we all arose before 7:00, bleary-eyed and bushy-tailed. I burned one while I had my morning coffee and was ready to go.

In addition to way too many Split Windows, there were a few Type IV buses, several nice '71's and a pretty damn good running '69 that was selling for $400. (It drove there just fine!). I parked across from what appeared to be a 1970 that was impossibly clean, but suffered from cutesy stuffed animal overload on the dashboard.

I sold a stack of VolksWorld magazines, quite a few postcards, got to chat with plenty of my fellow VW bus dweebs and my dog Maggie received plenty of praise and pats on the head. The sun was at times warm enough that I was worried about sunburn. The rest of the time, I was worried about overcast burn.

You shoulda been there.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:46 pm

static wrote:A good time was had by all at the Red Barn yesterday. I got there at 11:00 pm or so on Friday night, set up "camp" and had a few snifters of impressive brandy to help me to unwind. Once again, I managed to camp right across from the Deaf Volks Club, a nice enough group of folks who are a bit quiet. Having Hwy 101 right behind me broke the silence just fine.

(Oh, and a special thanks to whomever invented "Jake's Brakes")

On Saturday morning, we all arose before 7:00, bleary-eyed and bushy-tailed. I burned one while I had my morning coffee and was ready to go.

In addition to way too many Split Windows, there were a few Type IV buses, several nice '71's and a pretty damn good running '69 that was selling for $400. (It drove there just fine!). I parked across from what appeared to be a 1970 that was impossibly clean, but suffered from cutesy stuffed animal overload on the dashboard.

I sold a stack of VolksWorld magazines, quite a few postcards, got to chat with plenty of my fellow VW bus dweebs and my dog Maggie received plenty of praise and pats on the head. The sun was at times warm enough that I was worried about sunburn. The rest of the time, I was worried about overcast burn.

You shoulda been there.
I'd a given you $500 for it if you brought it back for me... :pale:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?