April campout in Covelo!

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:25 am

Elwood wrote: Remember-three pointed leaflets w/ smooth or toothed edges.
Makes good syrup, right? :blackeye:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:25 am

someone remember to take pictures!

tj
--------------------------------------------------
"As smart as I can be, the dumber I can become."

tj (the amishman)

Visit my web site if you can.
http://www.vwhippie.com

Come see more pictures and videos of my rides at!
http://www.flixya.com/user/amishman

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 am

DjEep wrote:
Just don't use those leaves for toilet paper....
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:01 am

Got it covered TJ. To bad ya can't make it... Maybe next year.

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:29 am

Ritter wrote:
DjEep wrote:
Just don't use those leaves for toilet paper....
Poison Oak of the crotch is not fun. I never ever was affected by the stuff until I purchased this last house. I have 10 acres so when we were buying the place 5 years ago I walked all around the property. Oaks, Pines, 1700' elevation foothill so lots of the poison stuff. Well I got it and man, itchy as hell and actually painful to a certain point. Caught it a 2nd time and it was even worse. Seems each time you get it it gets worse. Anyway, I stay away as best I can and leave it be. If I ever need to clear some, I am gonna pay someone to do <grin>

tj

tj (the amishman)

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:31 am

Hippopotabus wrote:
Got it covered TJ. To bad ya can't make it... Maybe next year.
Yup, tomorrow is my romantic day with the woman. I take her to the local dumps every 1.5 months to get rid of our 6 trash cans of garbage and recycle things we can. No trash service here in the sticks. She lets all her girl friends know at work when we have these romantic dates. If we are lucky, the recycling pays for McDonalds lunch. hehehehe

After that I have all sorts of weekend shores to do. :pale:

Oh well...

Have fun all!

tj

tj (the amishman)

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:32 am

jberger wrote:Amish,

I am charging a syncro to Hans' this weekend..... Just finished up the bunk bed cots five minutes ago, plenty of room for the six of us.

Withinthelaw and myself (and fam) will be heading out of SF around 2:00 2:30 and should run smack dab in the middle of Friday afternoon traffic. That should put us at the gate around 7:30 or 8:00.
Hey, are you doing Syncro De Mayo next week?

tj

tj (the amishman)

jberger
Getting Hooked!

Post by jberger » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:34 am

amishman wrote:

I am charging a syncro to Hans' this weekend..... Just finished up the bunk bed cots five minutes ago, plenty of room for the six of us.

Withinthelaw and myself (and fam) will be heading out of SF around 2:00 2:30 and should run smack dab in the middle of Friday afternoon traffic. That should put us at the gate around 7:30 or 8:00.

tj
I don't think so. Doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:09 am

jberger wrote:
amishman wrote:

tj
I tell you. If you are into Syncros, it is really for everyone. For some, it is taking their Syncros up in the 4x4 trails and wheeling around. For others, it is about meeting other Syncro owners, camping, eating lots of food, potluck and big BBQ on Saturday night, talking about Syncros, etc... I am not the 4x4 wheeling person myself. I need my Syncro to stay in nice shape as I live in snowy icy area in Winter and need it to run well. I like 4x4 stuff but would buy a beater Syncro one day if I want to get into that.

I just go to camp, meet other Syncro fans, and eat lots of food.

It is a hoot! You are missing out my friend.

Think about it next year as tickets sold out weeks ago for this event and it sure is popular. All sorts of different personalities show up and you learn tons.

tj

tj (the amishman)

jberger
Getting Hooked!

Post by jberger » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:12 am

amishman wrote:
jberger wrote:
amishman wrote:

tj
I tell you. If you are into Syncros, it is really for everyone. For some, it is taking their Syncros up in the 4x4 trails and wheeling around. For others, it is about meeting other Syncro owners, camping, eating lots of food, potluck and big BBQ on Saturday night, talking about Syncros, etc... I am not the 4x4 wheeling person myself. I need my Syncro to stay in nice shape as I live in snowy icy area in Winter and need it to run well. I like 4x4 stuff but would buy a beater Syncro one day if I want to get into that.

Think about it next year as tickets sold out weeks ago for this event and it sure is popular. All sorts of different personalities show up and you learn tons.

tj

Tickets? I didn't realize Hollister was invite only.

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:40 am

jberger wrote:
amishman wrote:
jberger wrote:
amishman wrote:

tj

tj

Tickets? I didn't realize Hollister was invite only.
Not invite only, but limited to spots (75 vans) in the campsite they book. Tickets go on sale and they get snatched up quick. I think they went for sale about a month ago and with 3 weeks all slots were taken.

So, not invite only, but limited to how many vans will have spots to camp. Saturday is normally open to anyone that wants to visit though.

The $45 ticket includes camping for up to 5 days (Wednesday until Sunday I think) and the big BBQ Saturday night. Well worth it. Some vendors show up and stuff gets raffled off. Engine Converter folks talk about their options for updating engines in vans, etc... It is quite fun.

Check out the web page so you can be prepared for next year if you decide to check it out.

http:/www.syncrodemayo.org

Do you check out the Syncro yahoo groups. This stuff all gets hashed out and discussed well before the event. Great forums to be on if you own a Syncro.

Anyway, have fun in Covelo!!!
tj

tj (the amishman)

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Just got back from a killer weekend in Covelo. I'll post pics and stuff in the morning.

I hope ya made it back in less than 10 hours, Kris. I saw the news... The "Maze" of a freeway junction at the eastern end of the bay bridge done 'xploded! :cyclopsani:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:42 am

Glad you guys had fun. Sorry to have missed you in Healdsburg. I hung around the parking lot until about 7 but split shortly there after to hang with the family. I waved to Hippo on my way home. Figures I just missed him... Looking forward to the photos.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:25 am

We hit Healdburg at about 6:40. ?Traffic had just finally started to move, and we knew you had something to do @ 7, so we just burned on through.

Next time you gotta come. It was gorgeous up there.

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:47 am

Yeah, sorry we missed you at Healdsburg. My bus had some linkage problems and I just wanted to stay on the fwy when the traffic cleared. We were running a bit late and didn't get to the gate untill about 9:30. We should have gotten your phone number so we could have told you, sorry bout that.
It was awsome up there. I hope we can make this a yearly event for sure.
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"