PDX Holiday Westravaganza

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

PDX Holiday Westravaganza

Post by tristessa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Crossposting to boost the signal and try to get some of y'all out of your shells a bit more. :cyclopsani:
carterzest wrote:If you have found this and are from another forum, please cross post this.
PDX Westravaganza/Benefit for Mike Locicero, Owner Import Trans Exchange.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Lucky Labrador
1945 NW Quimby St.
Portland, OR 97209
3 pm to Whenever...

We have secured the lot on the north side which is owned by Con Way Freight for our DubSpot so we can all park together as one.
It is kitty corner from the rear lot we have gathered at in the past, but, we can keep all of the VW's together which is huge and worth the extra small walk. This is Con Way's lot and will be patrolled by their security for anything amiss, so, if you plan on imbibing in the lot, please use your proper show etiquette and keep your drinks in coffee cups or unmarked containers. :wink: Thanks GWTWTLW, Pete for the hookup.
It's the large rectangular lot bordered between NW 20th/21st and Raleigh/Savier.
Here is the lot we will be parking at :wink:

In the spirit of the Holidays we are holding a benefit fundraiser for Mike Locicero: Owner Import Trans Exchange.... ... Creator of the Mikey 5 speed bug transmission conversion kit. Son of Joe Locicero... Originator of the Raby DTM fanshroud / Oregon Performance Products.
Ashley from Always V-Dub, Tom and Deb Caldwell from Halsey Automotive Repair and the Portland Vanagon Contingency are happy to share the stage in a show of support for a HUGE contributor to the local VW Scene, Mike Locicero: Owner Import Trans Exchange.

This will obviously be open to all the PDX/PNW VW crowd and we expect a MASSIVE turnout. We will have the regular Westravaganza but the purpose of this is to not only congregate, but, support Mike in his battle against Inoperable Cancer with a large showing of love and support. Please donate what you can and/or, bring items for the silent auction. Any questions, Please PM me or call Ashley at Always VDub.

http://importtransmissionexchange.com

I also created an event in the Shows/Events/Camping and Club section as most who know Mikey and his work may not be browsing the Vanagon Forum
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=577699
I'd appreciate it if the mods let both fly 8)

Note: The PDX Westravaganza meet up and gift exchange will have a different twist this year and will be announced at a later time and become a more private gathering this year due to a very sad unfortunate event amongst our ranks. More details to follow in the coming weeks. Please stay tuned and keep those details off of this forum. Thank you.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Re: PDX Holiday Westravaganza

Post by vistacruzer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 am

I will try to put a pile togather and go
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm

I've never heard of that trans rebuilder, you guys know anything about the biz? He's right down the road from me.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:22 am

No idea. I've heard of the Mikey 5 but had no idea he was local...

You gonna crawl out of your cave? :cyclopsani:

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Post by vistacruzer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Wow the Lab was standing room only. Only 2 from the Itinerate crew. In the raffle I won a 1oz silver dollar :cheers:
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:37 pm

vistacruzer wrote:Wow the Lab was standing room only. Only 2 from the Itinerate crew. In the raffle I won a 1oz silver dollar :cheers:
Three if you count yourself. :cyclopsani: