Can't figure this one out? HELP!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ecratrods
I'm New!

Can't figure this one out? HELP!

Post by ecratrods » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Ok here we go I have a 1974 vw camper. We have pulled the entire van apart. We labeled all the wires as we went along we unplugged the whole dash to pull apart and labeled the wires. Well all the tape got wrinkled up and covered with dry spray. I have figured most of it out I now have working headlights marker lights running lights tail lights and all blinkers work EXCEPT the blinker arrows on the gauge panel> What the hell I don't have any lights blinking on my instrument panel as if I put it in the wrong spot or would that cause it not to blink???? Also I don't have enough light bulb wires /holders to fit all the gauge holes. should there be any empty spots?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Can't figure this one out? HELP!

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:15 pm

ecratrods wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:26 pm
Ok here we go I have a 1974 vw camper. We have pulled the entire van apart. We labeled all the wires as we went along we unplugged the whole dash to pull apart and labeled the wires. Well all the tape got wrinkled up and covered with dry spray. I have figured most of it out I now have working headlights marker lights running lights tail lights and all blinkers work EXCEPT the blinker arrows on the gauge panel> What the hell I don't have any lights blinking on my instrument panel as if I put it in the wrong spot or would that cause it not to blink???? Also I don't have enough light bulb wires /holders to fit all the gauge holes. should there be any empty spots?

Please note that the turn indicator bulb gets its power from the base plate that it fits into, and is grounded by the wire that leads to the blinker relay 49a.
Yes, you can have an empty spot possibly for a US egr warning light(later buses have cat and egr).
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles