'72 Bus - Oil Pressure Low

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

orwell84
I'm New!

Re: '72 Bus - Oil Pressure Low

Post by orwell84 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:25 am

Thank you. That’s pretty much what I was thinking. I know some people tap the cam and fuel pump end of that galley after driving out the sleeve. That seems like a lot of risk for no benefit for a gorilla handed fellow like myself.

I could always go back to the stock mechanical pump but that makes stock feel too much like religion.

Do you know if the guide sleeve is supposed to be in one or 2 sections? I have been trying to find a photo of it but no luck.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:24 pm

orwell84 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:25 am
Thank you. That’s pretty much what I was thinking. I know some people tap the cam and fuel pump end of that galley after driving out the sleeve. That seems like a lot of risk for no benefit for a gorilla handed fellow like myself.

I could always go back to the stock mechanical pump but that makes stock feel too much like religion.

Do you know if the guide sleeve is supposed to be in one or 2 sections? I have been trying to find a photo of it but no luck.

Stock is not religion when it works better than the alternatives. A stock pump in good condition has an anti-percolation valve in the upper chamber that helps to prevent difficult hot starts. Of course, if you get a cheap new diaphragm for it, it could crack/rupture and dump the gas tank contents into the right side sled tin.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

orwell84
I'm New!

Post by orwell84 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:59 pm

If it works better, I agree. I couldn’t think of any reason it would, but now you’ve given me one.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:40 pm

orwell84 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:59 pm
I couldn’t think of any reason it would
- Doesn't require a pressure regulator.
- Quieter, too.
Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.