A "Must Have"

Contribute, Battle-Scarred Repair Warriors!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Hippie
IAC Addict!

A "Must Have"

Post by Hippie » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:33 am

I got this at NAPA...kind of expensive at ~$25, but worth every penny, IMO.

...Especially like that I can fold it flat and carry it in a back pocket or the toolbox drawer and make about any size funnel I need, instead of three or four sizes of bulky plastic ones.

Also the first thing I ever used to get oil into that retarded 45 degree filler hole without making a mess:

http://www.formafunnel.com/

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 am

I'll be getting one of those! Draining the oil on my little John Deere lawn tractor always required me to make a drain trough out of cardboard. When they actually showed that process using their product, I was sold.

Thanks, Hippie!

P.S. Did you notice they have a $2.00 rebate offer on their web site?
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:33 am

dtrumbo wrote:P.S. Did you notice they have a $2.00 rebate offer on their web site?
Doh! I missed out on that.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I just bought one of those today. I will be very impressed if it allows me to do the filter on both the Comanche (& its skid plates) and the Suzuki SX4 without becoming the Exxon Valdez of the NorthEast on my driveway.

I remember about 10 years ago doing the Jeep oil change and the neighbor kid "Adam" (about 12) was watching me. After I spread a bunch of oil absorbent pads around the drain pan under there, I loosened the filter and of course the oil went everywhere but in the pan.

"Why do you even use the pan?" he asked.

BTW Rob, I have a can of Sears 10-30 that says "SD" on it that came from my deceased neighborlady's house . I will be bringing it to you next month. I don't know how old it is though.
79 VW Bus

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Randy in Maine wrote:"Why do you even use the pan?" he asked...

BTW Rob, I have a can of Sears 10-30 that says "SD" on it that came from my deceased neighborlady's house . I will be bringing it to you next month. I don't know how old it is though.
LOL! Well, yeah, that's pretty much my truck situation too...drop the skid pan or sop it up.

Looking forward to August...You rock!