hose clamps, fuel line clamps spares

Contribute, Battle-Scarred Repair Warriors!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Abscate
Getting Hooked!

hose clamps, fuel line clamps spares

Post by Abscate » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:40 am

I buy and put an extra one on hoses and lines so that if the clamp fails on the road, I have a spare. I even have one to give away if Im helping someone stranded.

With oetiker clamps and fuel lines, it makes that job a snap since you **usually** destroy it loosening them.

I let my turbo clamps rust on my Volvo, blew off an induction line, and neatly put it back in 5 minutes in business clothes in Cambridge, home of the Massachusetts copy of Cornell.

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Re: hose clamps, fuel line clamps spares

Post by SlowLane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Abscate wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:40 am
I let my turbo clamps rust on my Volvo, blew off an induction line, and neatly put it back in 5 minutes in business clothes in Cambridge, home of the Massachusetts copy of Cornell.
Reminds me of the time I changed out the radiator in my 245 in my employer's back parking lot during my lunch break without spilling a drop of coolant. Came back in to wash my hands and was greeted by some co-workers who were agog at what I had just done.

Wouldn't dream of trying that with my 850.

Umm, relevent VW content: I buy Oetiker clamps by the 100-count bag from Amazon. They'e just not worth trying to un-crimp to re-use.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: hose clamps, fuel line clamps spares

Post by asiab3 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 pm

My kingdom for a day where I don't go rummaging through every last bag, nook, and cranny for "ONE LAST HOSE CLAMP."

I finally found out last month that Auto Zone sells the good FI hex-drive clamps by the piece behind the counter, so you don't have to buy a $19 mixed bag when it's 8:30pm and you just want to go to sleep…

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.