Bucking Issues

Find/Fix/Report Back

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:12 pm

EZ Gruv wrote:Aaaaand I'm back....

I've been keeping track of when the bus has hesitated, and it seems to happen just after I go over a bump with the right side tires (or both sides at once); nothing when I drive over a bump with the lefts only. In my mind, that means something on the right side of the engine compartment is loose. Make sense to you?

Today, driving home, I hit a few bumps and lost engine power (still had electrical power), and I'm coasting. I pick up my foot from the gas pedal and pump it, but power doesn't return. After maybe 30 seconds of this, the engie dies and my red lights come on. I'm able to fire it right back up and drive normally - until it happened again. Evil or Very Mad ...and again,,,and again!

Thankfully I could nurse it home. It took me 3 tries to get up the driveway!

So I'm sure it's related. If it wasn't 117 degrees right now I'd be out there checking connections, but that will have to wait for sunrise tomorrow (supposed to be even hotter!).

Open for thoughts...Thanks
ECU plug? Have you checked each little tab thingy in the connector to make sure that they all are seated in the connector? Sometimes they get pushed back when you plug it in.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Have you tried "zip ties" on the double relay plug ins?
79 VW Bus

EZ Gruv
Getting Hooked!

Post by EZ Gruv » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
ECU plug? Have you checked each little tab thingy in the connector to make sure that they all are seated in the connector? Sometimes they get pushed back when you plug it in.
Colin
I'll check!
Have you tried "zip ties" on the double relay plug ins?
Nope, not yet
77 Westy
74 Super Beetle