@#$@ Vanagon Transmission!

Find/Fix/Report Back

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: @#$@ Vanagon Transmission!

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:57 am

asiab3 wrote: Ahhhh living in a rental with tile... This filthy combination of parts from eight countries hauled my carcass across a few states, and to more big life moments than I can remember before I even cleaned it. Your engine will thank you, just like mine.

That is actually a quite a photograph. I love the way that engine leads to the accoutrement of the single life.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

davebrossi
I'm New!

Post by davebrossi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 am

sadly there is no seeming end to single life, though on the plus side I do feel better now about the prospect of having my engine in the living room. Now, the fact that I have to figure out how to get it up three flights of stairs on my own, that's going to be the real challenge.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:55 pm

davebrossi wrote:sadly there is no seeming end to single life, though on the plus side I do feel better now about the prospect of having my engine in the living room. Now, the fact that I have to figure out how to get it up three flights of stairs on my own, that's going to be the real challenge.
Strip it out of the engine compartment one piece at a time and hoof them up the stairs. You can easily pull and carry a short block. Later, when all is assembled, it will be difficult but down the stairs is easier than up.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles