Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:10 pm

poptop tom wrote:
You get any lake effect snow up there?
Ya had to bring up lake effect snow, didn't ya Colin! :pukeleft:
Oh yes I did I sure did, after all it is raining and 50* here in Atlanta, had to punish someone for not letting me work on my car today.
I think I need to move to Austin. . . or Yuma.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
poptop tom wrote:
You get any lake effect snow up there?
Ya had to bring up lake effect snow, didn't ya Colin! :pukeleft:
Oh yes I did I sure did, after all it is raining and 50* here in Atlanta, had to punish someone for not letting me work on my car today.
I think I need to move to Austin. . . or Yuma.
Colin
Or Maupin? :geek:
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:45 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Oh yes I did I sure did, after all it is raining and 50* here in Atlanta, had to punish someone for not letting me work on my car today. I think I need to move to Austin. . . or Yuma.
Colin
Or BOTH! change between seasons?

*Subliminal chanting* Austin, Austin, Austin, Austin....!

Ryan, when it is closer to your trip here, pm either Jeffrey (jblair630) or myself. Be happy to throw back a couple of brews if you like! I was thinking SXSW but that's March maybe? Anyway, we'll be here. You're bound to enjoy the difference in temps between your home town and ours :joker:
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:29 am

A beer sounds good. We're not really going for the change in temp though, our trip is so we can see some good live music. :headbang:
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:30 am

What genres of music do you like/listen to?

I fluctuate between blues/alternative rock/jazz/rock/classical and some country;
with Jeffrey, he definitely has an affinity for jam band music along with all those I mentioned.

Jeffrey is the production mgr. of the classical station here so if you like anything classical we might be able to hook you up there :geek: http://www.kmfa.org

OH! Dude! SXSW is in March! Did you already get your airfare squared away? If you like music, that time is fabulous for visiting here.

www.sxsw.com

SXSW wristbands are cheaper if you live here, so if that is your purpose, I will let you know when they are on sale. Get someone here to buy them for you, I believe they are 99. (music only) for locals, 200. (for all access, depending upon access to film/interactive/tech stuff.)
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:47 am

zblair wrote:What genres of music do you like/listen to?

I fluctuate between blues/alternative rock/jazz/rock/classical and some country;
with Jeffrey, he definitely has an affinity for jam band music along with all those I mentioned.

Jeffrey is the production mgr. of the classical station here so if you like anything classical we might be able to hook you up there :geek: http://www.kmfa.org

OH! Dude! SXSW is in March! Did you already get your airfare squared away? If you like music, that time is fabulous for visiting here.

www.sxsw.com

SXSW wristbands are cheaper if you live here, so if that is your purpose, I will let you know when they are on sale. Get someone here to buy them for you, I believe they are 99. (music only) for locals, 200. (for all access, depending upon access to film/interactive/tech stuff.)
We listen to everything with the execption of: Death Metal, Contemporary Country and Opera. Mostly, we listen to traditional country and blues. SXSW sounds awesome, we'll have to look into to that for sure. I know at least one night we want to see Dale Watson at the Continental Club.
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:01 am

Thirstytank wrote:I know at least one night we want to see Dale Watson at the Continental Club.
Bravo! You may be the second person EVER I've heard rave about Dale. The man is the last example of Real Country from an artist under the age of 60. And at the Conti? Awesome. I'll want a full report.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:19 am

The Continental Club totally ROCKS dude! One of my favorite places to see anyone here. It's not big, but has wonderful character. Think of a neighborhood bar with some of the best music. EVER! That kind of place!

LOVE seeing blues bands there. Local and otherwise. First time we saw the North Mississippi All-Stars was there. On one of my birthdays even!

www.thecontinentalclub.com/austin
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:20 am

Um, Mattg, sorry if I hijacked your thread :colors:
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:23 am

zblair wrote:Um, Mattg, sorry if I hijacked your thread :colors:
I was just thinking the same thing, I'm sorry Mattg.
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:34 am

Heck Mattg,
Why don't we just answer the question for you. Fall fell.
OK, where were we?
Colin :bounce:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:42 am

Velokid1 wrote:
Thirstytank wrote:I know at least one night we want to see Dale Watson at the Continental Club.
Bravo! You may be the second person EVER I've heard rave about Dale. The man is the last example of Real Country from an artist under the age of 60. And at the Conti? Awesome. I'll want a full report.
Let's not forget Wayne "the train" Hancock.
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:48 pm

I admit that seeing them both on the same night at the same venue would be an amazing thing and I couldn't choose between Wayne and Dale if I had to, but I usually think of Wayne as more of a rockabilly kinda guy. Not sure what you'd call him, but not quite country western.

I love Fall with all my heart! I'm thinking of getting a bunch of autumn leaves tattooed on my forearm. Seriously.

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:03 pm

Velokid1 wrote: I usually think of Wayne as more of a rockabilly kinda guy. Not sure what you'd call him, but not quite country western.
It's hillbilly swing. Much closer to Hank Williams than Garth Brooks, you say Potatoe, I say fall is my favorite time of year.
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:24 pm

I'll have to check and see when the Rodeo is here in Austin, lot of folks come and perform in the evenings...I love fall scenery which we don't get much of in Austin. There are a few state parks, but you've really gotta travel north or northeast for something to look at.

As an avid gardener, I love early spring because of the color :colors:
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

~Roshni Mitra