IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:02 am

poptop tom wrote:
Use your imagination!
I don't have one- the TV stole it. :cyclopsani:

mattg
Old School!

Post by mattg » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:08 am

I could also add some interesting stories relating to golf courses and the crazy things - mostly partying after the coast was clear with friends and it also helped that the waitresses had keys to the liquor and bar. The golf course is where I picked up most of my bad habits: smoking, drinking, chewing at an early age. I quit smoking cigarettes and chewing over 5 years ago but still enjoy a gin and tonic after work, perhaps a cold beer as well. Oh look its friday, maybe an extra one for the weekend.
I'm all out of ideas and I've tried nothing.

77 Westy 2.0 FI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:00 pm

Other than getting pissed at my know-it-all caddy and finishing the entire course using a putter for a 99 on a par 36 course, I found a swank golf course the perfect place to find some champagne bottle foil to get a BMW 320i back to L.A.with a broken radiator neck.
I appreciate the artistry of a Tiger Woods, but too many times I have found myself swatting mosquitos on a back fairway wondering why I was wandering around clacking at little dimpled objects with weirdly shaped sticks.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

mattg
Old School!

Post by mattg » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:37 am

There is one thing that golf and working on your vw have in common: patience. Oh yeah they can both be expensive as well. I have the golf down pretty good but am still learning the art of maintaining and repairing my vw. Ever seen caddyshack the best all time golf movie.
I'm all out of ideas and I've tried nothing.

77 Westy 2.0 FI

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Matt,

Very true about golf. I wouldn't play the game if I didn't play for free 98% of the time.

I've actually played the course Caddyshack was filmed at in Davie, FL - Rolling Hills CC (name was changed recently due to complete course renovation/redesign.
I had friends from Sout Bend that moved sout in the 70's. They lived right next to the course, were members, and were actually filmed in some of the crowd shots.

One of my alltime favorites. :cheers:
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"