How does Colin connect?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

glasseye
IAC Addict!

How does Colin connect?

Post by glasseye » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:25 pm

The master of itineration, he's nomadic beyond normality yet a regular contributor. How the heck does he maintain such direct connection with us from a nearly-always-moving blue and white bus?

I gotta know. :bounce:

I just gotta.

Peter
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:31 pm

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: How does Colin connect?

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:33 pm

glasseye wrote:The master of itineration, he's nomadic beyond normality yet a regular contributor. How the heck does he maintain such direct connection with us from a nearly-always-moving blue and white bus?

I gotta know. :bounce:

I just gotta.

Peter
Last summer, I crashed libraries all across the country. Got to meet some nice people and annoying school children who socialized en masse right next to me. I was limited by 1 hour and occasional 30 minute limits. Many a time I would complete a half post, drive 50 miles to the next town and edit it to complete. This summer I am using a Compaq Presario 2100, that my brother gave me in exchange for work on his BMW 540i, with a T-Mobile account that HippieWannabee has so kindly offered to subsidize for me. Less of a cross-section of America now. This summer has been more about Starbucks patrons looking at me with a slight curl to their lip and furrow to their brow as I lug this thing in with a 2 day growth, tank top and cut-offs that are getting more worn yet :pukeleft: I also crash nice entryways to finer motel/hotels and try to post so long as the battery holds up. Satellite would be nice.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:39 pm

I'd be glad to give you a laptop for working on my bus....

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:46 pm

chitwnvw wrote:I'd be glad to give you a laptop for working on my bus....
Or rather, I would give you a laptop if you would teach me HOW to work on my bus. Biga difference beatweena the two, you know? (let me and the rest of the Hoosier contingent know if you need next to free parts) :cheers:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Re: How does Colin connect?

Post by glasseye » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:09 pm

amskeptic wrote: Last summer, I crashed libraries all across the country. <snip>
This summer has been more about Starbucks <snip>
I also crash nice entryways to finer motel/hotels<Snip>
Satellite would be nice.
Colin
Too friggin' cool for words - hopping from one island of connectivity to another. Satellite would be the best. Imagine connecting at leisure in the evening from some incredible campsite in the wilderness. Soon, it'll be cheap and easy.

Time consuming, I bet, finding those hotspots. Your dedication to us stay-at-homes is much appreciated. The location reports are like a crack fix to those of us who love the road.

=D>
Peter
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.