Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo

Post by vwlover77 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 am

For Lord of the Rings fans, or anyone who is looking for a reason to toast with a pint of their favorite ale, today (September 22) is the birthday of both Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins.

Cheers! :drunken:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:38 am

I have a copy of the unlicensed LOTR board game "Quest of the Magic Ring" still in the wrapper from 1976. Anybody here a LOTR junkie and wanna trade for bus parts?
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:09 am

My wife is such a LOTR nut she celebrates this birthday every year. Normally she requires we take our summer vacation during this week and for the last couple of years, we have, but this year her co-workers had that week so we went on vacation last week. So, tonight instead we are doing a Japanese Dinner with Sushi and a movie in celebration and I am sure she will want to do something tomorrow. She collects so much LOTR stuff and I collect so much VW stuff, we are probably both considered nutty by the family. :bounce:

tj
--------------------------------------------------
"As smart as I can be, the dumber I can become."

tj (the amishman)

Visit my web site if you can.
http://www.vwhippie.com

Come see more pictures and videos of my rides at!
http://www.flixya.com/user/amishman

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:33 pm

I read LOTR every few years. I love it! Your game sounds like a nice find DJ. I still have my copy of Bored of the Rings. It's too funny. For your enjoyment, the introduction:

"Do you like what you doth see...?" said the voluptuous elf maiden as she provocatively parted the folds of her robe to reveal the rounded, shadowy glories within. Frito's throat was dry, though his head reeled with desire and ale.

She slipped off the flimsy garment and strode toward the fascinated boggie unashamed of her nakedness. She ran a perfect hand along his hairy toes, and he helplessly watched them curl with the fierce insistent wanting of her.

"Let me make you more comfortable," she whispered hoarsely, fiddling with the clasps of his jerkin, loosening his sword belt with a laugh. "Touch me, oh touch me", she crooned.

Frito's hand, as though of its own will, reached out and traced the delicate swelling of her elf-breast, while the other slowly crept around her tiny, flawless waist, crushing her to his barrel chest.

"Toes, I love hairy toes," she moaned, forcing him down on the silvered carpet. Her tiny pink toes caressed the luxuriant fur of his instep while Frito's nose sought out the warmth of her precious elf-navel.

"But I'm so small and hairy, and... and you're so beautiful," Frito whimpered, slipping clumsily out of his crossed garters.

The elf-maiden said nothing, but only sighed deep in her throat and held him more firmly to her faunlike body. "There is one thing you must do for me first," she whispered into one tufted ear.

"Anything," sobbed Frito, growing frantic with his need. "Anything!"

She closed her eyes and then opened them to the ceiling. "The Ring,: she said. "I must have your Ring."

Frito's whole body tensed. "Oh no," he cried, "not that! Anything but... that."

"I must have it," she said both tenderly and fiercely. "I must have the Ring!"

Frito's eyes blurred with tears and confusion. "I can't," he said. "I mustn't!"

But he knew resolve was no longer strong in him. Slowly the elf-maiden's hand inched towards the chain in his vest pocket, closer and closer it came to the Ring Frito had guarded so faithfully...

From Bored of the Rings, by Henry N. Beard and Douglas C. Kenny of The Harvard Lampoon, Signet Printing, 1969

-John
Keep it acoustic.

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:18 pm

If that is a real book, I need to get that. Too funny!

tj
LiveonJG wrote:I read LOTR every few years. I love it! Your game sounds like a nice find DJ. I still have my copy of Bored of the Rings. It's too funny. For your enjoyment, the introduction:

"Do you like what you doth see...?" said the voluptuous elf maiden as she provocatively parted the folds of her robe to reveal the rounded, shadowy glories within. Frito's throat was dry, though his head reeled with desire and ale.

She slipped off the flimsy garment and strode toward the fascinated boggie unashamed of her nakedness. She ran a perfect hand along his hairy toes, and he helplessly watched them curl with the fierce insistent wanting of her.

"Let me make you more comfortable," she whispered hoarsely, fiddling with the clasps of his jerkin, loosening his sword belt with a laugh. "Touch me, oh touch me", she crooned.

Frito's hand, as though of its own will, reached out and traced the delicate swelling of her elf-breast, while the other slowly crept around her tiny, flawless waist, crushing her to his barrel chest.

"Toes, I love hairy toes," she moaned, forcing him down on the silvered carpet. Her tiny pink toes caressed the luxuriant fur of his instep while Frito's nose sought out the warmth of her precious elf-navel.

"But I'm so small and hairy, and... and you're so beautiful," Frito whimpered, slipping clumsily out of his crossed garters.

The elf-maiden said nothing, but only sighed deep in her throat and held him more firmly to her faunlike body. "There is one thing you must do for me first," she whispered into one tufted ear.

"Anything," sobbed Frito, growing frantic with his need. "Anything!"

She closed her eyes and then opened them to the ceiling. "The Ring,: she said. "I must have your Ring."

Frito's whole body tensed. "Oh no," he cried, "not that! Anything but... that."

"I must have it," she said both tenderly and fiercely. "I must have the Ring!"

Frito's eyes blurred with tears and confusion. "I can't," he said. "I mustn't!"

But he knew resolve was no longer strong in him. Slowly the elf-maiden's hand inched towards the chain in his vest pocket, closer and closer it came to the Ring Frito had guarded so faithfully...

From Bored of the Rings, by Henry N. Beard and Douglas C. Kenny of The Harvard Lampoon, Signet Printing, 1969

-John

tj (the amishman)

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:37 pm

For those interested, I found this when googling Bored Of The Rings.

http://www.boredoftherings.co.uk/

I am sure you can enjoy!

:drunken:

tj

tj (the amishman)

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:27 pm

amishman wrote:If that is a real book,
Of course it is!

See:
[albumimg]152[/albumimg]

-John
Keep it acoustic.