Portland Craigslist Seller "Harry Dung" - Be warne

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Portland Craigslist Seller "Harry Dung" - Be warne

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:12 am

Dig it:

Didn't your Mama teach you to be polite? No.
What part of "my money stays in my wallet" don't you understand?
Keep your brokendown engine parts I can find em' anywhere in town.
I'm also going to let my air cooled friends in Portland know all about "Harry Dung" and Craigslist.
Thanks for your time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:25 PM
To: Koscik, Robert
Subject: Re: VOLKSWAGEN motor parts, rear bus apron, tow hitch, etc... - $5

What part of "Please send phone # if interested" did'nt you understand?

"Koscik, Robert" wrote:

Hi, how much do you want for a 1600 s/p manifold without the carb?
-Bob
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:45 am

This sounds like the SAME guy that was selling the way cheap 71 westy about a month ago, he had the same sort of comments to me. That guy seems like a frickin' prick.

Or, he could be the most sarcastic and blunt personality that I have ever seen.....
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:45 am

I like how he took the time to type a complete, if grammatically inferior, sentence, to avoid having to type "$20."
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:44 am

DjEep wrote:I like how he took the time to type a complete, if grammatically inferior, sentence, to avoid having to type "$20."

=D>
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:09 am

Who's Harry Crumb? I mean Dung? You smell like you fell in a dung heap. Kinda makes ya homesick, don't it buddy?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:15 pm

DjEep wrote:I like how he took the time to type a complete, if grammatically inferior, sentence, to avoid having to type "$20."
But but but .. Hambone wasn't following The Rules! The Rules must be obeyed if you want any Dung parts!

I can think of several insults to describe this seller, but all of them are punny derivatives of his name and I'm sure y'all can come up with 'em on your own. 'Sides, I'm sure he's heard 'em all before...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:47 pm

Ya, the guy sounds like a tweeker.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Not standing up for the seller's rudeness, but I've been selling alot on CL recently and can understand the frustration.

My ads now all ask for a phone number, or no reply. I have found that there are a huge number of email harvesters out there that respond to every ad with something generic like "Is the item still available?". If you respond, the number of spam hits on whatever email account you are using will spike in a couple of days. Fortunately, I use a separate account for CL sales. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

So if people can't follow instructions, I don't respond. Sometimes I would like to smack 'em out of frustration, as is scuttles a potential sale.

Again: this does not excuse the seller's rudeness, but I can understand how it could drive a person nuts. The funny part of it is that he responded anyway - so he must not have been worried about Hambone being a potential harvester. Guess he's just sort of a controlling personality.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:23 am

Yikes,

Relatively new to Craigslist, posting to sell my Mother's '82 Vanagon, had my e-mail address in there for a day. Got a scammer in under an hour. That was early June. Thought I'd play along a bit with the four scammers that responded before I editted. The final one threatened me with legal action yesterday over his missing "payment" he felt I owed him.

I also read a posting warning against folks who will respond to your ad, come out, not buy, but pilfer as much as they can while on your property.

Brutal.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:47 am

That's why you always pick their pockets.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:27 am

The funny thing is, I woulda bought a bunch of the parts that he's selling...
Oh well no big deal. I don't like to give my phone number out if I don't have to and I was very clear with what I wanted.

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:39 am

If you are still looking for one, I have a 1600 s/p manifold without the carb that I'd be willing to let go for postage cost only. The heat riser is clogged though. Otherwise I was just gonna toss it.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:50 am

Hmm lemme think about that.
Anyone ever clear a clogged heat riser? I've heard it can be a pain in the ass. I think I can get one for $10 or so here in Portland so meebbe I should pass. Thank you for your offer! Don't pitch it tho I'll betcha somebody in Milw can use it.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 am

I've heard that the "easiest" way is to drill them out through the walls of the pipes an then weld the holes shut.

Anyone ever use the modular heat riser manifolds?

'55 Ragtop
Getting Hooked!

Post by '55 Ragtop » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:58 am

sped372 wrote:If you are still looking for one, I have a 1600 s/p manifold without the carb that I'd be willing to let go for postage cost only. The heat riser is clogged though. Otherwise I was just gonna toss it.
You can lightly tap the entire tube with a hammer knocking out the loose debris, then soak the tube filling it with Simple Green or something similar. Then use an old speedo cable/clutch cable with a drill. Takes some time but can be done. I have a few dozen if you ever need one...
Always looking for one more...