The Battle of Briggs&Stratton - Finally Won!

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 pm

a week later, the mower is rippin'
If I'm not mistaken, ripping the tops of the grass blades is a symptom of a dull mower blade. A nice, sharp blade will yield a more definite cut. :blackeye:
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 pm

sped372 wrote:
a week later, the mower is rippin'
If I'm not mistaken, ripping the tops of the grass blades is a symptom of a dull mower blade. A nice, sharp blade will yield a more definitive cut. :blackeye:
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: The Battle of Briggs&Stratton - Finally Won!

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:40 pm

The Air-Cooled Ranch wrote: "That's endlessly fascinating, ACR, tell us more..."
Now that the Battle of Briggs&Stratton has been won, it's time to take on Evil Incarnate - the trusty Kenmore 80 Series washer shredded it's motor-to-transmission coupler last week
z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-huh? what? I think it was last Thursday. . . . .z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z
Colin :compress:
(a little late for me to do EdW's lawn)
(those .39 cent couplers are DESIGNED to doink! crack those cheap white plastic couplers at merest suggestion of two pair of jeans in the washer. Do yourself a favor, immerse the plastic in warm water before driving the couplers on to the motor and transmission shafts to help avoid stress cracks)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles