i am a mac dummy

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

pawesty
Getting Hooked!

i am a mac dummy

Post by pawesty » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:17 am

hey folks. it's been awhile and i want to update you all with some pics. but, i do't know how to copy and paste with this freaking macbook pro. anyone help me out? :pale:

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:39 am

To copy, click Edit Copy or hit Apple-C. To past, click Edit Paste or hit Apple-V. You usually can also drag files from one window to another to copy or move them.

If there is a particular operation you are unable to do, just send me a pm and I will guide you through it. I used to be a Mac dummy too, but no longer.
‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:24 pm

yeah, what he said, but in other words: 'command' (the key with the apple symbol and that four petal flower symbol) and 'C'. Or you can highlight the words you wish to copy, then go to the top of the screen and click 'Edit' and choose 'copy'. Same with paste, except the keyboad shortcut is 'command' plus 'V'. If you forget which keys to use, you can go up to Edit and it tells you which ones they are.
71 bus, 74 westy

Quadratrückseite
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan

Post by Quadratrückseite » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:10 pm

Once you learn it, you will not miss your PC...I promise!
I am forced to use a PC at work (they switched us over a few years ago), but love coming home to my iMac.
"The bus is the real talisman. It's the thing that runs through all of this history. It's not a thing anybody owns or controls. No matter how peeved you get with people, the bus always makes your heart jump. Everybody was attached to it."
- Ken Kesey

Steve
1978 Country Homes Camper conversion - "Gus"

http://gusthevwbus.com
http://freshandmodern.com/blog

pawesty
Getting Hooked!

Post by pawesty » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:18 am

thanks. i will return with more dummy questions :drunken:

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Quadratrückseite wrote:Once you learn it, you will not miss your PC...I promise!
I am forced to use a PC at work (they switched us over a few years ago), but love coming home to my iMac.
I am running Windows within my Mac for some work-related things so I make the switch every five minutes. Man, do I wish someone would develop a good version of SAS for the Mac.
‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:35 pm

Umm, how does one copy and paste on a PC? Is it different? I once had a PC for 4 weeks, but sent the self destructing piece of bleep back to Gateway. Can't remember how it worked, except that it did it badly.

Anyway, pawesty, let me know if you need any assistance and I'll try to help. I can write a better explanation if necessary.
71 bus, 74 westy

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:03 am

Birdibus wrote:Umm, how does one copy and paste on a PC? Is it different?
Control-C copy Control-V paste.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!