Post by DurocShark » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Bye!

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:32 pm

At first viewing, I was miffed.
"You just can't give people nice classic air-cooled Volkswagens."
I have been subsequently informed that the bus OK. Still . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

78wkndr
I'm New!

Post by 78wkndr » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 pm

I was once loading my excavator onto my trailer while it was hitched to my dodge with the whole truck/trailer rig pointing uphill slightly.
As the Excavator travelled up the trailer ramps and onto the trailer it lifted the trailer tongue just enough to slightly elevate the back of the (decidedly undersized) truck enough to cause the entire rig to start moving backwards....i.e. downhill.

While I was dumb enough to create this no-wheel-chock-too-small-truck-on-incline scenario in the first place, I was fortunate that my self preservation instincts made me drop the excavator bucket under the back of the trailer before going over a hill, into house, etc....
I’d wager the above video was of a similar scenario.....the bus attempting to mount an improperly hitched or even unhitched trailer.....

As far as I know, Nobody saw my butt clenching- self teaching moment......
hmmmm
...but now I’ve shared it here....wtf?

Well....thanks for listening....🙃
-78wkndr-
1978 westfalia tintop bus 2.0 FI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 am

78wkndr wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 pm
I was once loading my excavator onto my trailer while it was hitched to my dodge with the whole truck/trailer rig pointing uphill slightly.
As the Excavator travelled up the trailer ramps and onto the trailer it lifted the trailer tongue just enough to slightly elevate the back of the (decidedly undersized) truck enough to cause the entire rig to start moving backwards....i.e. downhill.

While I was dumb enough to create this no-wheel-chock-too-small-truck-on-incline scenario in the first place, I was fortunate that my self preservation instincts made me drop the excavator bucket under the back of the trailer before going over a hill, into house, etc....
I’d wager the above video was of a similar scenario.....the bus attempting to mount an improperly hitched or even unhitched trailer.....

As far as I know, Nobody saw my butt clenching- self teaching moment......
hmmmm
...but now I’ve shared it here....wtf?

Well....thanks for listening....🙃

Hello, my name is Colin, and I chased my Road Warrior through some trees in a National Forest when the e-brake decided it wasn't feeling well.
Colin (nice emoticon up there!)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles