Maybe We Are In Our Death Throes Here . . .

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Abscate
Getting Hooked!

Re: Maybe We Are In Our Death Throes Here . . .

Post by Abscate » Thu May 31, 2018 3:28 am

Colin...Abscate here. I make my living in the tech sector telling people how to run their businesses for an obscene hourly rate of $650 per hour

Have you ever thought of a service contract product for your repeat customers ? Annual fee of modest amount to help pay for the phone work, discounted when purchased at a visit.

Helps cash flow
Attaches value to your work.
Easy exit from Mr Cheapskate 35 question call.... ..”sorry, I have a paying customer on hold”

Cons
Invades your phone life

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 am

Abscate wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 3:28 am
Colin...Abscate here. I make my living in the tech sector telling people how to run their businesses for an obscene hourly rate of $650 per hour

Have you ever thought of a service contract product for your repeat customers ? Annual fee of modest amount to help pay for the phone work, discounted when purchased at a visit.

Helps cash flow
Attaches value to your work.
Easy exit from Mr Cheapskate 35 question call.... ..”sorry, I have a paying customer on hold”

Cons
Invades your phone life
Not a bad idea, but yes to the invasion of being at the beck and call.
This website might turn into a subscription after I overhaul the Technical Forums and bundle it to the winsome and highly-anticipated stories and pictures in the Itinerary Forums.
ColinIdeasKeepEmComing
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chachi
Old School!

Post by chachi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am

i need to apologize to you. i teased an appt with you in june and then went cold on it. i ended getting the van running, and boy was it a dumb thing. i spent all that time getting the RMS replaced, replaced some FI stuff, all the time thinking i had fuel pressure on the fuel rail. turns out i had AIR pressure on the fuel rail. so when i got to the part where i applied 12v to the fuel injectors, they were just squirting air. but well! so yes a trip to the gas station and we were sorted. van runs well now, some hesitation problem was solved along the line, maybe O2 sensor? i may never know.

anyway, colin, i apologize. good news is the bus is still not running so maybe next year...
1974 transporter panel, 2.0 dual solex
1991 vanagon NAHT, RJE 2.3

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:43 am

chachi wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am
i need to apologize to you. i teased an appt with you in june and then went cold on it. i ended getting the van running, and boy was it a dumb thing. i spent all that time getting the RMS replaced, replaced some FI stuff, all the time thinking i had fuel pressure on the fuel rail. turns out i had AIR pressure on the fuel rail. so when i got to the part where i applied 12v to the fuel injectors, they were just squirting air. but well! so yes a trip to the gas station and we were sorted. van runs well now, some hesitation problem was solved along the line, maybe O2 sensor? i may never know.

anyway, colin, i apologize. good news is the bus is still not running so maybe next year...
Let's . . . . :flower:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Abscate
Getting Hooked!

Post by Abscate » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Not a bad idea, but yes to the invasion of being at the beck and call.
You handle that with office hours, and scheduled calls, rather than sitting by the phone.

Ive done some of my best conference calls under SWMBOs E83 BMW removing FUGE...FU German Engineering