Florida bound!!

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

honeybus
I'm New!

Florida bound!!

Post by honeybus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm

On 3 March 2018, I will be soaking the sun at New Smyrna Beach, Florida.

The next day, the aircooled gods permitting, I will head down to Key West (It may take me a day or two or more).

I spend the rest of March in Key West, camping at the naval Station, Sigsbee. Camp site is ON the water, with great amenities just a pleasant 15-30 minute walk.

Price: $14 per day. Or stay a Truman Annex for free, with limited comfort facilities, but great sunrise & sunset without leaving my laid-out blanket.

After Spring Break season finishes in late March, I may head up towards Clearwater Beach to see the young, nubile beauties, or to Bradenton Beach (Holmes Beach) for the over 50 crowd. Young Chicks or old hens that can't lay any more, which will it be??

((Oh, I just wanted to post some pictures here, but I felt that a few words were necessary))

Barry sends

BEFORE

AFTER SAND BLAST

Thank you for all the fish . . .

sped372
IAC Addict!

Re: Florida bound!!

Post by sped372 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Have fun! We really liked Bahia Honda and John Pennekamp State Parks in the Keys.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:47 am

Stop by, and say hello. I am two blocks off US 1, on the way down to the Keys. A little earlier, you would have caught Colin here, for a intense mechanical happening mid-February.

honeybus
I'm New!

Post by honeybus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Bahia Honda is a great spot. However, they charge some $30 just so i can sleep in my VW. Sad.

There are -2- 'clothing optional' beaches that are on my list. One is after parling lot #5 in Cape Canaveral National Seashore park, and the other is just on the outside of the fence @ Boca Chica NAS (there is a residential road that leads to a dead end, and then walk a ways through the brush until you get to the water again. Too much trouble for looky-lou's to go for a gander.)

Wait!! Do I need 'bus content' for this post.

Ok. Just in case. I added a rear view (backup) camera to my '73/'78 VW Westy. I view the rear on a single DIN radio, that pops out a 7" motorized digital LCD touch screen. It's a Dual XDVD156BT radio with a DVD player, and Bluetooth. Works fine. I can switch on the radio with one switch, and the rear view camera with another switch, so i can watch a Redbox flick without turning the ignition, and I can see the line of cars behind me wothout using the rear view mirror (my side mirrors are Elephant Ears, modified with curved mirrors to give me a greater view.)
Thank you for all the fish . . .