70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: Colin needs to update his game

Post by asiab3 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 pm

That group dynamic has got to be “interesting.”

From a teacher’s perspective, I don’t enjoy teaching large groups of varying skill level. Good for them for trying though! I’m sure the buses in their ownership will find an easier life if the knowledge passed on is good.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Isn’t that whole “boot camp” idea washed up about 20 years ago? Jeese, give it a rest.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:01 pm

God I hate websites that automatically play music once the page loads...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:31 pm

There was music? How could I have missed that?
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 am

270 bucks for a day that looks to have a lot of eating and drinking going on; then you got to get to Cambridgeshire, wherever that is. Some heat in the classroom would be nice, as everyone is dressed as though they are working in meat lockers. Since UK doesn’t have a Colin tooling around, I suppose they had to come up with something. It is good to see the interest over there; the classes are full of folks.

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 am

Jivermo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 am
Since UK doesn’t have a Colin tooling around, I suppose they had to come up with something. It is good to see the interest over there; the classes are full of folks.
Colin - ever consider a European tour? Seems like if you could get some tools and a vehicle, you have the possibility to make a long itinerary. Maybe try to pry yourself into some of the euro-centric acvw boards to get the word out? How cool would that be?

Every great band eventually makes a European tour (Grateful Dead, Phish, etc.)....why not you?
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Mr Blotto wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 am
Jivermo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 am
Since UK doesn’t have a Colin tooling around, I suppose they had to come up with something. It is good to see the interest over there; the classes are full of folks.
Colin - ever consider a European tour? Seems like if you could get some tools and a vehicle, you have the possibility to make a long itinerary. Maybe try to pry yourself into some of the euro-centric acvw boards to get the word out? How cool would that be?

Every great band eventually makes a European tour (Grateful Dead, Phish, etc.)....why not you?
Shhhhh you're giving away my business plan!!!!!
Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:05 am

asiab3 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 pm
Mr Blotto wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 am

Shhhhh you're giving away my business plan!!!!!
Robbie
Itinerant Air-Cooled is pleased to announce the European franchise which will be run by Robbie.
You can rest assured that our European Itinerant-Air-Cooled itinerator will be trained to the very highest level of arcane theory, diagnostics-under-fire, and desperation-induced-field-improvisation skills. As well, our European itinerator has been inculcated with the finest pedagogical pedagogy for your effortless grasp of the myriad of concepts and practical tips that you will be assaulted with over the course of your nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, or twenty-one hour day, depending.
Colin :cyclopsani:
(I'll do Australia or South Africa, but not misty cloudy cool crowded Europe no way)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Iain
I'm New!

Post by Iain » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:30 am

asiab3 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 pm
That group dynamic has got to be “interesting.”

From a teacher’s perspective, I don’t enjoy teaching large groups of varying skill level. Good for them for trying though! I’m sure the buses in their ownership will find an easier life if the knowledge passed on is good.

Robbie
The guys that run it know their stuff, not been on it myself but know people that have and they said it was worthwhile.

We also have an event called Techenders, where you go away for a weekend to a campsite and work on your VW's http://techenders.co.uk