2017 Happy New Year!

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

poptop tom
Old School!

Re: 2017 Happy New Year!

Post by poptop tom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Happy New Year, Colin! And everyone else here!

No real resolution for me. Quitting cigarettes would be nice. It's a goal. Driving the Bus more is always a goal.

Looking forward to a better 2017, that is all.
In 2016, I lost my Dad in Feb. Had a management company take over operations at my employer, only to slash my pay 15%. Management company has left since then, but no increase for me.
Turned 50 April 22.
Fiancee lost her Dad in September.
Managed 500 miles in the Bus last year. Oil leak still not figured out.......
On the bright side, I'm still alive and kicking, and also managed to get engaged back in April to my long time lady!

Happy New Year,

Tom G.
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 am

poptop tom wrote:Happy New Year, Colin! And everyone else here!

No real resolution for me. Quitting cigarettes would be nice. It's a goal. Driving the Bus more is always a goal.

Looking forward to a better 2017, that is all.
In 2016, I lost my Dad in Feb. Had a management company take over operations at my employer, only to slash my pay 15%. Management company has left since then, but no increase for me.
Turned 50 April 22.
Fiancee lost her Dad in September.
Managed 500 miles in the Bus last year. Oil leak still not figured out.......
On the bright side, I'm still alive and kicking, and also managed to get engaged back in April to my long time lady!

Happy New Year,

Tom G.

Well, Happy New Year!
Management company left, is there a "new boss - same as the old boss"?
I forget about this oil leak. Is this the one that eats oil but does not land on the ground or appear at the tailpipe?
ColinWhere'sSUMMER?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Same as the old boss is correct. The BOD is back in control after their failed idea that a management company was a good thing. It probably cost them $150,000 in the end. Which was 150 grand they didn't have to begin with!

Same old oil leak. Mostly disappearing oil, but it does have a little puddle from a drip along the bottom of the case mating surface. Just forward of the oil strainer. Everything up top and all around are oil free except for the bottom of the case.
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Hey Tom - 50 is the new 40...heck maybe the new 35 ... but there is NO reason in this job market to take a 15% pay cut. I would encourage you to look elsewhere ... the job market is pretty strong right now.

And Happy New Year!
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21 am

I hear you, TFDB, 15% should not be acceptable. Unfortunately, the job market in my sector isn't that strong - the golf industry is hurting! Finding something for what I make is not so easy. Too many clubs/golf courses are underpaying, so the job outlook isn't so great. May require me to go into something entirely different!

I feel pretty good for 50 year old! Hope your 2017 is great!