VW Art

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Westy78
IAC Addict!

VW Art

Post by Westy78 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Got a pleasant surprise from the contractor we dealt with from a local heating and cooling company we used to install a new heat pump system in our home several months ago. During one of his consultation visits he noticed the bus in the shop and mentioned that he had one in the past and traveled all over in it including down to Baja. We discussed busses for a while and different trips we had taken in them. I can't remember what year he had but pretty sure he said it was a splitty.

Anyway, today I got a package from someone in the office with a note that Mike had recently retired but he wanted me to have this before he left. It's a really cool glazed and hand painted ceramic tile of a split bus. Needless to say I was really impressed that he remembered me as more than just a customer. Not to mention that the company was a real pleasure to do business with. An increasingly difficult thing to find these days.

Here it is on the "VW shelf" of our built ins. Anybody else have some cool VW art?

Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: VW Art

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:01 am

Westy78 wrote:glazed and hand painted ceramic tile of a split bus.
That is nicely done! Confident.

Some day, we might yet restore the old give-a-damn days . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles