anyone near Phoenix?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

anyone near Phoenix?

Post by tristessa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Looks like I'll be down there over the weekend .. For a funeral if it matters, my aunt in Mesa passed away Sunday morning.

I'm road-tripping there and back with a coworker who happens to leaving Portland on Wednesday's to haul a tractor to Avondale for our boss, so no VW. I'm not sure if I'll be able to escape family commitments if anyone's around .. hell, I don't even have a motel lines up yet, might wind up couch surfing at my cousin's place. But I'll have my phone and tablet so I will be checking in from time to time if anyone needs to contact me.

Fun.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: anyone near Phoenix?

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 am

tristessa wrote:Looks like I'll be down there over the weekend .. For a funeral if it matters, my aunt in Mesa passed away Sunday morning.

I'm road-tripping there and back with a coworker who happens to leaving Portland on Wednesday's to haul a tractor to Avondale for our boss, so no VW. I'm not sure if I'll be able to escape family commitments if anyone's around .. hell, I don't even have a motel lines up yet, might wind up couch surfing at my cousin's place. But I'll have my phone and tablet so I will be checking in from time to time if anyone needs to contact me.

Fun.
Well? Was it?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:18 am

Between spring break, NASCAR and spring training (the hotel was full of Cubs fans, eewwww...) there were tons of people everywhere. Good enough time despite the circumstances, but I'm still recovering from the trip there and back in an F250 4x4 towing a flatbed trailer. Price was right so I can't complain, and I wouldn't have made it otherwise.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

tristessa wrote:Between spring break, NASCAR and spring training (the hotel was full of Cubs fans, eewwww...) there were tons of people everywhere. Good enough time despite the circumstances, but I'm still recovering from the trip there and back in an F250 4x4 towing a flatbed trailer. Price was right so I can't complain, and I wouldn't have made it otherwise.
I can't easily picture you in a Ford F-250 . . .
. . . and you'll likely never have to picture me in one.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles