One more notch.

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

One more notch.

Post by ruckman101 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Pesky birthdays. Another notch of death held at bay for me. They just seem to pop up quicker every year. So I'll be in Portland this Thursday afternoon into evening for my usual triple dip of free birthday beers from the three Rogue Brewery locations. Would love company. I'll have a cell phone, our first.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Mike Boell
Old School!

Re: One more notch.

Post by Mike Boell » Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 am

Happy Birthday Neal,
I will not be able to join you but tip one up for me.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed May 14, 2014 7:08 am

ruckman101 wrote:Pesky birthdays. Another notch of death held at bay for me. They just seem to pop up quicker every year. So I'll be in Portland this Thursday afternoon into evening for my usual triple dip of free birthday beers from the three Rogue Brewery locations. Would love company. I'll have a cell phone, our first.

neal
Happy Birthday Ya Old Olde Coot.
ColinCootTwo
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks Mike and Colin,

Looks Like I'll be getting to the first Rogue Brewery around 5:30 pm.

neal

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Just catching this.... I turned 44 this past Friday...no free beers. In fact, we were Up North in Marquette, MI touring Northern Michigan University - my daughter is a junior in high school. Not to go into a lot of family drama (ok, technically she's my step daughter, but she hasn't spent 1 nite at her dad's house in the past 6 mos...you get the picture) but I digress..... I fought the whole cell phone thing until about 8 years ago when I was traveling nearly 100% of the time for work.....that is when I succumbed to the cell phone culture - it was the only way for people to get a hold of me. kudos's to you for holding out 8 years longer than i did!

Not sure when I will get back to Portland, but if I do, will be sure to schedule a Monday night visit to see all you folks again at the Lab!
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Our cell phone was a gift. Cheryle's kid's couldn't take it anymore and bought us one. At this point my concerns about brain tumors are minimized. Still getting used to the idea of the thing.

But what the hey, going to start on my triple dip at the Green Dragon, a funky Rogue Brewery adjunct.
http://www.pdxgreendragon.com
Beer exploration at it's finest. Probably be getting there about 6 pm.

From there, most likely the PSU Rogue Hall public house, 1717 SW Park Ave.

Then to the originally Portland Brewing location, oh the history I could tell you, in the Pearl District, 1339 NW Flanders St, where they also do their distilling of rums, gins, whiskeys, oh my.

Rogue is out of control. Most people are probably most familiar with their flagship Dead Guy Ale, which has a broad distribution reach. We have a long history.
http://www.rogue.com

Oh, here's the new cell phone number. (360) 450-9501.

I actually contemplated a more ambitious itinerary, a quintile dip, hitting the three Rogues here in Portland, then off to Independence and their farm location, and then heading to their bay front public house in Newport on the coast, booking one of their rooms above the pub for the night. Their tasting room closes at the actual brewery in Newport at 8 pm, so no hope for a sixth dip. Maybe next year.

neal

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu May 15, 2014 2:53 am

Have fun at the Portland Brewery as I have been there and enjoyed their brews. You finally got a cell phone? What a flip phone of smartphone? I love my iPhone with it's Googlemaps gps features plus the other stuff it does like the camera. No more lugging around all this photo crap to take pictures just pull out my phone and shoot.
I turn 62 in July but we'll be in the Netherlands for a wedding so hopefully we can drive to Belgium so I can get drunk on so great beer.

As you get older don't fight technology progress just enjoy it as it can make life easier.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:13 am

An iPhone. Son-in-law works for Apple. Even her son that's the IT guy finally crossed over and has embraced Apple products. And yes, the photo capabilities are amazing. I haven't been kicking and screaming about it too much.

neal

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Thu May 15, 2014 11:44 am

Congo-rats man! And to many many more!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat May 17, 2014 8:16 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Just catching this.... I turned 44 this past Friday...no free beers. In fact, we were Up North in Marquette, MI touring Northern Michigan University - my daughter is a junior in high school. Not to go into a lot of family drama (ok, technically she's my step daughter, but she hasn't spent 1 nite at her dad's house in the past 6 mos...you get the picture) but I digress..... I fought the whole cell phone thing until about 8 years ago when I was traveling nearly 100% of the time for work.....that is when I succumbed to the cell phone culture - it was the only way for people to get a hold of me. kudos's to you for holding out 8 years longer than i did!

Not sure when I will get back to Portland, but if I do, will be sure to schedule a Monday night visit to see all you folks again at the Lab!
I hope to be there at the same time. 44? Ya pup.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles