pure gas

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

weisswurst
Addicted!

pure gas

Post by weisswurst » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 am

Greetings members, I know I'm a diesel vw guy but I've been using this list as a source for "no corn" gas for my small engines with great success and thought I would share since it's what most of your engines were designed for anyway. You can sort by state on any page.
enjoy!
Jeff in Florida

http://pure-gas.org/about
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: pure gas

Post by hambone » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:20 pm

Only a few in Portland, mostly marinas. Weird!
thank you
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 pm

you can get it here, but you can't drive up and fill your vehicle with it. you can only get it filled in containers, as that's what you should use in your lawnmower/boat/weedwacker/etc. they say that most of it's sold to guys for their chainsaws around here.

it's also $6/g
1979 California Transporter

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

I've used that site several times. There's a station about ten miles from me that sells pure gas but charge about 50 cents more per gallon over super. Problem with filling the bus with it is that it requires retuning of the mixture. Since my bus is only used for traveling and camping, sometimes beyond a full tank round trip, I would have to either find a station that sold pure gas along my trip route or retune again when I filled up with E10. Not worth the trouble. I do fill a five gallon tank for use in my gas powered lawn tools and chain saw though.

What the country really needs to do is realize that ethanol in our fuel is a scam and go back to selling real gas and quit subsidizing the corn farmers.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Westy78 wrote:go back to selling real gas and quit subsidizing Monsanto and Archer Daniels Midland.
Fixed that for you...

:cyclopsani:
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 am

tristessa wrote:
Westy78 wrote:go back to selling real gas and quit subsidizing Monsanto and Archer Daniels Midland.
Fixed that for you...

:cyclopsani:
Yes, the Farm Bill really fixed it good with more for Monsanto and less food stamps as "why should we pay for people to eat, they should get a job". I still don't get why we have to put corn in our gas? It's already in our meat and is used instead of sugar.
When I am in Suriname I drink Coke since it taste great as it's made here with local cane sugar. Yep, no corn in the gas down here either just corruption.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:24 am

Westy78 wrote:I've used that site several times. There's a station about ten miles from me that sells pure gas but charge about 50 cents more per gallon over super. Problem with filling the bus with it is that it requires retuning of the mixture. Since my bus is only used for traveling and camping, sometimes beyond a full tank round trip, I would have to either find a station that sold pure gas along my trip route or retune again when I filled up with E10. Not worth the trouble. I do fill a five gallon tank for use in my gas powered lawn tools and chain saw though.

What the country really needs to do is realize that ethanol in our fuel is a scam and go back to selling real gas and quit subsidizing the corn farmers.

I totally agree I starting using it after issues with the mower and funny enough the chainsaw! :thumbleft:
after the gas would sit in them it went turned to go bad so fast!
they change about 50cents more here too on average. We have a big fishing community in Florida and the boat owners probably
increased the demand here.
I have also found it helpful in the motorhome due to the fact that it may sit for a few months between uses.
Jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."