A Test Resolution Transaxle Page

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

A Test Resolution Transaxle Page

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 pm

I wanted a picture representation of "power".

Spark plug firings per wheel rotation. Now you see torque vs horsepower in a new way. The next time you are scrambling up that hill with a loaded 1976 + bus, you will know that a spark plug is going off every 10* of wheel rotation . . . which I think is exceptionally cool to ponder.
:flower:
Colin

(anybody else just about had it with Photobucket's latest "impovement"? The hosted picture quality is terrible!)

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Re: A Test Resolution Transaxle Page

Post by Xelmon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Wow... That is very pretty, and insanely informative.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Xelmon wrote:Wow... That is very pretty, and insanely informative.
Why thank-you. I was about to kill myself.
The Bleary Artist

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 pm

It has a very simple elegance to it .... the concept was very easily grasped in a very little amount of time. SCORE! :flower:

It reminds me of the simple elegance of the old Muir books ... but with much better art! I like how you focus on concepts, rather than just the fixing.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:01 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:It has a very simple elegance to it .... the concept was very easily grasped in a very little amount of time. SCORE! :flower:

It reminds me of the simple elegance of the old Muir books ... but with much better art! I like how you focus on concepts, rather than just the fixing.
That is the current greatest dread afflicting me mightily . . . that my audience just wants to know how to fix the damn thing and get on with it. By the time I am done, this will just be a curious tour through old engineering , "what motivated the writer to do all of that? There's only seven registered VWs left."
Colin

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:25 am

Understand that I am a sample size of one.....

But if i didn't know you personally, and I came across your book in a book store one of my main motivators to buy the book is BECAUSE it has all the theory in it (I'm more of a big picture guy ... it's hard for me to understand the minutia unless I grasp the big picture).

The art work would draw me in, the theory would make me buy... esp. if it had some scraps of personal narratives...love those juicy scraps.

I already have a Bentley, Haynes, and two Muirs (have a newer one, and one of the old classic spiral bound). If I was Joe Schmoe bus pilot, I probably have at least one of these as well, why would I want another 'fix it' book? Also think the theory and the art work will draw on different audiences too.

But whadda do i know?
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:55 am

I'm with Troll here. You never see a book that has the fine working details of your vehicle in such depth explained.

Ignore that "waste of breath" feeling in the back of your head. I'd think anyone who would be picking this book up is definitely beyond the "eh, let's just get it fixed" audience, and wants to know the theory too.
It's preservation. :)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Xelmon wrote:I'm with Troll here. You never see a book that has the fine working details of your vehicle in such depth explained.

Ignore that "waste of breath" feeling in the back of your head. I'd think anyone who would be picking this book up is definitely beyond the "eh, let's just get it fixed" audience, and wants to know the theory too.
It's preservation. :)
I shall endeavor to ignore such rattlings-on in the back of my brain.
I do want to, Troll, maintain a level of conversation that is slightly sparklier than the minutiae of synchronizers, but woefully difficult when I refuse to get cutesy like some of the click and clack stuff. I hope "dignified" sells.
Colin