ACVW value in CO vs AZ?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

ACVW value in CO vs AZ?

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:33 am

We are moving from AZ to Durango. Should I sell my bus here in AZ or take it to CO to sell? Is the value significantly greater in Colorado, anyone know?

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Re: ACVW value in CO vs AZ?

Post by RussellK » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 am

Aw c'mon. You don't really expect anyone here to help you sell your bus do you?

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 am

RussellK wrote:Aw c'mon. You don't really expect anyone here to help you sell your bus do you?
Yeah, we are vultures too.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 am

There's no turning back. A benefactor (I would admit that it's my mom but I am 39 years old so that would be pathetic) is loaning us money for the transition and one of the conditions of the loan was "promise you will finally just sell that Volkswagen."

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am

whats she have against the vw? tell her you'll sell your Star Wars bed sheets instead.
60 beetle
78 bus

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 pm

zabo wrote:whats she have against the vw? tell her you'll sell your Star Wars bed sheets instead.
Man that is a rough choice. Are the sheets glow in the dark?

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 am

I couldn't imagine them being that much different in terms of total dollars. You would most likely see a bump in scrilla coming to the Midwest because decent a decent bus here is pretty dang rare.
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:02 am

First of all, tell your mom that she should not opine on such things that have nothing to do with her offer of assistance. "Hey mom! I didn't have to sell the bus after all! I sold one of the kids, no really, he'll be OK, just light house-keeping duties in Dubai until his 18th birthday . . . "

Secondly, I think you will get a better price in Colorado. VWs suffer the "ubiquity subtraction" in Arizona where they are gutted for their transaxles to be used in sandrails. Colorado I think will appreciate the vehicle more, especially as camping is the bigger past time in the Rockies than blasting over dunes.
Colin :cherry:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Plus there is no shortage of money in Durango.

Clean it up, make it work well, and put a For Sale sign in it near your house in the spring. Spring is the time to sell a camperbus.
79 VW Bus

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 pm

You're right- I should get it to CO and sell it there. While we're still here, I'll park it at the end of our street where this is a ton of traffic daily with a For Sale sign in it, asking top dollar and see if anyone bites.

It's running really nicely- been having fun driving it the last couple weeks. Just a handful of "cosmetic" things to attend to... like installing the turn signal switch and speedo cable and jalousie window. :) Hey, God gave us arms for signaling our intention to turn, did He not? Cosmetic.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Figured out that that link doesn't work unless you're a Facebook member.

Pics in my IAC photo gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=56

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Greg that's a really nice bus. Beaters go for over $4800 here. I'm sure you'll do well.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 pm

RussellK wrote:Greg that's a really nice bus. Beaters go for over $4800 here. I'm sure you'll do well.
It's a heartbreak, this guy and that bus and those kids and the circle of life and memories . . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Velokid1 wrote:You're right- I should get it to CO and sell it there. While we're still here, I'll park it at the end of our street where this is a ton of traffic daily with a For Sale sign in it, asking top dollar and see if anyone bites.

It's running really nicely- been having fun driving it the last couple weeks. Just a handful of "cosmetic" things to attend to... like installing the turn signal switch and speedo cable and jalousie window. :) Hey, God gave us arms for signaling our intention to turn, did He not? Cosmetic.
What is top dollar? Heck post it here!